DMCA Takedown Notices

Highlighted
3 0 0

I have received several DMCA takedown notices from the same vendor/agent representative. The representative agreed afterwards to rescind the DMCA takedown notices against my site and notified Shopify of this via email. How does Shopify handle this situation where a vendor has agreed to change course. Will my site still be penalized for the original DMCAs or will they be deleted from my file. Any clarity here would be appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
638 71 113

Hey, @ebrillahome!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

In all these cases, you will need to respond directly to one of the emails you have received from the legal team with any questions.  They are the best team to help you out further. 

All the best,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I understand that I should respond to the email from the legal department. I have done so several times and have not received a response. What does this mean? How long should I expect to wait? It's already been over a week and it's a bit concerning.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same thing happened to me. And legal froze my admin during black friday with no warning. Shopify support said they could not help. I am paying 2.5k a month for plus support andd....

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Madam,

I have my Shopify account blocked due to a false Takedown Notice. Here it is my Ticket ID: 09927ad9-5b44-4f88-a0a1-61095a77ab03. 

I have sent an email but no response yet. Please help. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same!  I have not gotten any responses. I have hundreds of orders that need to be fulfilled and my customers are unable to track their own orders on my website. At least let me access my admin so I can help the customers. 

0 Likes