DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello , 

I have an issue with my shopify website . As it is outlined, I have this message when I want to acess to it  " DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" . Since last week this problem occur.  Furthermore, when I'am going to see if there is a problem with the domain it displays " Setup in progress ". 

someone Can  help me to resolve this problem ? 

Best regards 

•  
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Yann3!

Did you recently purchase this domain, or have you had it for a while? If you recently bought it (within the last 24 hours), then there is a good chance it isn't set up yet, so we'll want to wait before attempting any troubleshooting steps. Now, if you've had the domain for a while, then there is a good chance that this error is appearing because the domain was not verified via email when it was purchased, which leads it to be suspended down the road. 

To fix a suspended domain, you'll want to process the following steps: 

1. Head to Online Store/Domains
  2. Click on your "root" domain - The domain without the "www."
  3. Click resend email:
  4. If you do not see this, then that means your email bounced. If this is the case, you'll want to click on "edit" next to Registrar Information and update the email on file, which will automatically send the verification email. 
  5. Once you've verified the domain, it should bring the domain back online within 5-30 minutes

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

hey @Peter , 

Thank you for your answer , I have followed each step as  mentionned, the status of the domain has varied from " set up in progress" to " connected" . Nevertheless,  when I want to access my website it doesn't work and the problem of " DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" is still outlined . 

I thank you for your help  !! 

best regards 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

@Yann3 

Thank you for letting me know! Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, could you share the URL to your store? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 1
Hey Peter,

The issue is solved.

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

How do you share your URL to your personal store?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

@JetPod 

The URL to your store can be found in Online Store/Domains. If you have a purchased domain, you'll want to share that one instead of your ".myshopify.com" URL, as this will be better from a brand perspective. All you'd need to do is copy the URL and share it wherever you please (i.e. social media). That said, you'll want to check these areas:

1. Ensure the password has been removed from your storefront (Online Store/Preferences)

2. Your theme has been set up (Online Store/Themes)

3. Along with your primary domain updated (Online Store/Domains) if you've purchased a domain.

If you're getting ready to launch, then I'd recommend reviewing our checklist here to make sure you're all set up to start accepting orders. 

If this wasn't what you were after, or if you've got questions about marketing or launching your store, please let me know as I'd be happy to help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

I have the same issue and your explanation is not helping me, maybe you can help me with this one...

This site can’t be reached

server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

But domain is just Renew on February 11, 2020. It doesn't work 18 hours for now.  
I also receive this email from  no-reply@registrar.shopify.com. Ando no other email for conformation. Also, I can not see that the domain has been charged to me.
Dear Customer,

Your domain name(s) will expire in 5 days. Act now to avoid any disruption to email or website services and avoid losing your chosen name(s).

The domain name(s) due for renewal are:

Domain Name Expiry Date Days Until Expiry Autorenew Enabled
 2020-02-243N
IMPORTANT
If the domain name(s) are not renewed during the next 5 days, the domain will no longer work. This will affect all email and websites that use the domain as they will no longer be available.

To avoid disruption to your service, PLEASE RENEW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1467 89 320

@NatasaJelicic 

It sounds like your issue may be different than the one above. You mentioned that you did not see a charge for the domain. Could you tell me if you see a failed invoice in Settings/Billing for the domain? 

When you go to Online Store/Domains, does the domain show a green "connected" banner, or does it show a yellow "setup in progress" banner?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I have issue with my website which cannot locate and get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN and constantly get 502 or 503 error message. 

0 Likes