DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I just bought my domain but now when I want to go on my website this error's message appear : 

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

How can I fix this problem ?  thanks you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @Leown,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I've taken a look at your domain's set up and I'm not seeing any errors. It looks like the DNS settings are pointing correctly to your store and the SSL certs have been issued. Here's an example of what I'm seeing. Sometimes after purchasing, it can take a domain 24 hours to adjust which might have been the reason you were seeing the error initially. If you are still seeing an error, could you try accessing the store using a different internet provider and device? Please let me know how this goes!

How are you finding Shopify so far? Your store looks fantastic by the way! If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know, I'm happy to help! 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

I need help. I was transfering my domain from Godaddy to shopify, I wish I never done this. My store is not working for few days now. I accepted the domain verification email from shopify but the store still giving me an error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. 

Rosylana.com

Please advice. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @lsmall,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know. 

I've checked the DNS set up you have listed for the domain and I can confirm that everything has been set up correctly. When I view your site, I'm brought to the storefront successfully for both rosylana.com and www.rosylana.com. As well, I can see that your SSL records have been issued successfully too, as shown in the below screenshot. 

21-46-x3jzu-u1d1m

Can you try accessing the site using a different device and internet provider such as your mobile phone and phone providers internet connection, instead of a desktop and wifi? If so, are you able to replicate the issue? As well, can you clear the cache on your browser and make sure the browser you are using is up to date? If you are using Chrome, you should be able to do so as mentioned in this guide

Please let me know how this goes!

Many thanks, 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Ted, 

I don't know if it's you or not, but the website is running today! :)

Thank a lot!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @lsmall,

That's great to hear! If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help. 

Many thanks,

1 Like