DNS Verification with Facebook

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 100 152

Hi, @Rishi_HJ.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the screenshots!

The name section ('@') may be required, as I have seen some verifications fail due to the name section being omitted. However, if that still doesn't work, I'd recommend trying the Meta-tag Verification method. Using this method, you can simply copy and paste the line of code into your theme files ('Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code').

From there, look under the Layout folder and locate the file - theme.liquid. When pasting the code in an empty line or on a new line, it's important to paste the code after the <head> or before </head> tags in the coding. Once that's done, try verifying your domain with Facebook once more. 

Here's an example from my test store:

06-58-sin2w-2gozh

That being said, since you've added the @ for the name section for the DNS Verification - Were you able to successfully verify your domain with Facebook?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1053 100 152

Hey, @zakovrazhka@Phoenixfire116, & @yinka662.

Welcome to the thread!

In order to verify your domain with Facebook using DNS Verification, you would need to purchase a custom domain or connect a third-party domain. The "Manage" button is only available for Shopify-purchased domains, which is where you can view and edit the DNS and add Facebook's TXT record. If you're using a third-party domain, you can add Facebook's TXT record to the DNS settings through your domain provider's dashboard. However, if you only have the Shopify URL (store.myshopify.com), which is included with your Shopify store, then you'll need to use one of the other two verification methods. 

If you haven't purchased a custom domain or you're not seeing the "Manage" button in your domain settings, then I'd suggest using the Meta-tag Verification method. I've also covered this method in my last post, just before this one. Please take a look and let me know if it's able to help you verify with Facebook.

Since we're unable to authenticate accounts and provide account-specific support over the Community Forums, I'm unable to take a closer look at your domain settings. However, our Support team would be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, callback, or emails. If you'd like to get in touch with our Support, please visit Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I hope this points you in the right direction! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sruma
1 0 0

Hey sorry im having that same problem did you manage to get help?

0 Likes