DOMAIN RENEWAL

Highlighted
3 0 0
Trying to renew my domain and there is definitely not an option on the website to do so. I don’t have it set up for automatic renewal and there isn’t a way to change it in the settings. How can I renew my domain without the option to renew my domain?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

Hi, @BAT2020 !

Did you purchase your domain from Shopify or from a third party like GoDaddy? If you purchased it from a third party, the renewal settings would be within your third party dashboard. If your domain was purchased on Shopify, you can turn on automatic renewal within the Shopify admin in your domain settings.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains
  2. In the Shopify-managed domains section, click the domain that you want to renew automatically
  3. In the Auto-renew section, check the Auto-renew this domain every year box

You can also find more in depth information about renewing your domain here. Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
There isn’t an option to do so. I purchased the domain through Shopify. And when I go to the domains there isn’t an option to renew anything. Is there an alternate way?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

@BAT2020 

Thanks for following up and for providing me with some extra context on this. I've sent an email to the email address listed on your Community account. We'll touch base there so I can authenticate you and look into things more closely. We'll also be able to discuss next steps there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
I figured out my problem. I originally moved from Shopify and bought the domain under another store and when I returned I started a new store and can’t access that store settings no longer. How do I switch store information to this one to renew domain?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

@BAT2020,

That makes sense. If you can, please respond to the email that I had sent to you last week. That way I'll be able to authenticate you on your accounts and we can take a look at your options to get that domain renewed together. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
THERE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME TO RENEW THIS- IT SEEMS LIKE A TRICK OR FRAUD - SO FRUSTRATED
We just wanted to let you know that everything-diva.com will expire on May 29, 2020.
To renew this domain, please visit www.ecomeducational.com today.
If you do not renew your domain by May 29, 2020 you will no longer own the domain, and it will be available for registration by other parties.
Domains

Primary domain
Change primary domain
Domain Name Status Date added Provider  
www.everything-diva.com
Connected
June 1, 2019eNomRemove
Domain Name        
www.everything-diva.com

Traffic from all your domains redirects to this primary domain. Disable redirection

Shopify-managed domains
Domain Name Status Auto-renew Emails  
everthingdiva-com.myshopify.com
Connected
Never expiresN/A
Domain Name        
everthingdiva-com.myshopify.com

Third-party domains

Domain Name Status Date added  
everthingdiva.com
Not ConnectedRetry connection
May 13, 2019Remove
www.everthingdiva.com
Not ConnectedRetry connection
May 13, 2019Remove
everything-diva.com
Connected
June 1, 2019Remove
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

Hi, @Everything-Diva !

Thanks for reaching out about this. I ran a WHOIS search on the domain and was able to see that it is hosted by a third party. I'd recommend getting in touch with the host of your domain directly for help with getting the domain renewed as it wouldn't be possible to renew third party domains within your Shopify admin.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I bought the domain from Shopify. There is no option in the "Shopify-managed domains" section to click renew add forward email. I need to renew it but can't do.  I read all the helps but nothing mention about this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
155 22 31

Hi, @haile !

If the domain was purchased from Shopify, you can automatically renew your domain subscription in your Shopify admin provided the domain hasn't already expired. Here are the steps to do that:

1 Like