DOMAIN

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi. I am new to shoptify and I am in the middle of setting up my website. I am just using the primary domain that Shoptify gave me. However, when I go and type my URL into the internet it takes me to WIX?? I do not understand why my URL isn't working. Can someone help me?? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 115

Hi @MadisonSanford4,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

Are you able to replicate this using a different device or browser? If not, I'd recommend clearing the cache on your browser as shown in this tutorial. If you're able to replicate it, can you share the domain with me here so I take a closer look? 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Ted. I tried clearing the cache on my safari on Mac but my domain still will not work. When I type my domain in on Safari it takes me to a “wix” website. I’m hoping you can help me with this issue I am having.

My domain is: pistol-blair-boutique.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 115

Hi @MadisonSanford4,

Thanks for sharing the URL! That's quite odd, I nor the team are able to replicate what you're experiencing. For example, when I click pistol-blair-boutique.myshopify.com, I'm brought to the password/landing page. So, this is what I see when using Google Chrome and this is what I can see when using Safari on a Mac. 

I believe something is stuck with the Safari browser you are using. Would you be able to try Google Chrome or Firefox using a different internet connection (such as a hotspot with your phone provider) or your mobile instead and let me know how this goes? You might need to update your Safari too.

If the error still persists, could you share a screenshot of the page you keep being referred to with me? I'm happy to take another look into this with you. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes