Data Source URL for Pinterest Catalog

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm following along here and trying to understand all of this. I don't understand though where to find the google product category txt document from to set up the new template. While I'm at it...I'm not so good with code at all. If anyone has time to help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Im having this exact issue. Any resolution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

We are having the same issue using https://domain.com/collections/all.atom .  Getting these errors

Issue type
Description
Occurrences
Error
description is missing from product metadata.
Error
google_product_category is missing from product metadata.
Error
link is missing from product metadata.
Error
image_link is missing from product metadata.
Error
availability is missing from product metadata. Possible values should be one of in stock, out of stock or preorder.
Error
The condition of the item is missing or the value provided is not an accepted one. Please specify whether the item is new, used or refurbished.
Error
price is missing from product metadata. Check that you are correctly sending a price of the form: <number> <currency>. Examples of valid price include 1.00USD and 1.00 USD. Do not include any currency symbols.

It seems we may have to create a custom feed .liquid page. But that is a bit much isn't it? Hoping for a solution where we can just use one of the existing feed types.

1 Like
1 0 0
Hi Celinie- mind showing me how you did this? I have been searching everywhere to figure it out!
Thanks!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! I am stuck on this last step as well. I have Broklyn theme if that helps. Do I need to install an app in shopify? Need to write code? is there a template somewhere? I'm really unsure about mapping product types to google product categories. All the help is appreciated!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I'm responding again bc my Pinterest profile was selected for their marketing partner program so I got a chance to ask a Pinterest expert about this. Their integrations with Shopify are in beta phase and are closed, that's why nothing works and you can't get answers. 

My catalog still isn't connected and I have to wait until they open beta testing again to even try or get help with it.

This doesn't mean there isn't a work around, it just means you all aren't crazy, it doesn't work.

I literally pinned every product from my site to my profile when I first opened my store. That works just as well bc the pins are shoppable.

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you! This information is very helpful! When you say pinned your products, do you mean you created a new pin from add pin button within the app or did you use the pin it button on your website to add pin to your profile?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3
I used the Pin it button on my website to create pins on my profile! I have
the boards to match the categories and make sure each Pin is linked back to
my site. You can click the tag to make sure it shows up as a product.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Still working on the code given by contributor. Here is the code that needs updating to deal with category and or other errors:

<!--- Add your google product info here (and deleted this note)--->
{%- if product.type == "xxxx" -%}
<g:google_product_category>xxxxxxx</g:google_product_category>
{%- elsif product.type == "xxxxx"-%}<g:google_product_category>xxxxxx</g:google_product_category>
{% endif %}

We have several product categories which we looked up at https://www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy-with-ids.en-US.txt

• Foot Powders 3049 Health & Beauty Personal Care Foot Care Foot Odor Removers
  • Foot Sprays 3049 Health & Beauty Personal Care Foot Care Foot Odor Removers
  • Anti-Chafe 567 Health & Beauty Personal Care Cosmetics Skin Care
  • Muscle Balms 2915 Health & Beauty Personal Care
  • Sunscreens 2844 Health & Beauty Personal Care Cosmetics Skin Care Sunscreen
  • Hand & Foot Balms 2592 Health & Beauty Personal Care Cosmetics Skin Care Lotion & Moisturize

I understand that you can pick your own product types and just use names you like:

Unlike the google_product_category attribute, you choose which value to include. The values you submit for product_type can be used to organize the bidding and reporting in your Google Ads Shopping campaign.

and that for categories you choose the right category number. But if product_type is just what I want I doubt the if else statement would work as it does need to get the products in the correct collection...?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Can you show me an example of what the build out for the google product category would look like? Do I need to put the google product category where ALL of those red x's are?  

{%- if product.type == "xxxx" -%}
<g:google_product_category>xxxxxxx</g:google_product_category>
{%- elsif product.type == "xxxxx"-%}<g:google_product_category>xxxxxx</g:google_product_category>
{% endif %}

Should it look like this? 

{%- if product.type == "luggage_&_Bags > shopping_totes" -%}
<g:google_product_category>luggage_&_Bags > shopping_totes</g:google_product_category>
{%- elsif product.type == "xxxxx"-%}<g:google_product_category>luggage_&_Bags > shopping_totes</g:google_product_category>
{% endif %}

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes