Deactivate Order Confirmation

Explorer
89 0 56

Hi there,

can someone tell me how I can disable the order confirmation email?

Thanks in advance.

Marco

48 Likes
Shopify Expert
195 0 23

Hi Marco,

Log into your backend, click Settings (on the lower left side of the main navigation), click Notifications (in the main navigation), scroll down to the section that says Order Notifications, and click Disable next to the email you no longer want to receive the emails.

Cheers,

Ryan

Stop Stressing About Shopify You’ve Got Better Things To Do => https://320ny.com/shopify/
0 Likes
Explorer
89 0 56

Hi Ryan,

thanks, but I mean the order confirmation (for the customer), not the order notification :-/

Marco

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
195 0 23

Hi Marco,

I don't know of a way to do that. Perhaps someone else does.

-Ryan

Stop Stressing About Shopify You’ve Got Better Things To Do => https://320ny.com/shopify/
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 0

Hi Marco! 

Unfortunately this cannot be done at the time. Could I ask why you would like to disable it though? Perhaps we could come up with a work around? :) 

Ashley
Shopify Guru

Ashley Shopify Guru
0 Likes
Explorer
89 0 56

Hi Ashley,

thanks for your interest in a work around.

The reason for this is, that I'm struggling with the interface to make specific changes which european law requires me to comply. A quick work around for some people could be to deactivate the automated order confirmation and send a selfmade one.

I also would like to refer to my other thread (https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/create-new-email-template-244273) in which I ask for additional templates to create.

Basically in Germany and Austria you kind of need 3 emails:

1. confirmation that the order was received, which is not be the acception of the order/order confirmation (that would lead into an immediate contract commitment).

2. order confirmation, to inform the customer that the order was accepted and a contract is complete.

3. shipping confirmation

Currently, I don't see a possibility to reach these requirements.

Thank you anyway.

Marco

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 0 0

Hi Marco,

Thank you for clarifying! I am worried that I am not entirely following though... 

You say that you require the ability to send out three email notifications: 

"1. confirmation that the order was received, which is not be the acception of the order/order confirmation (that would lead into an immediate contract commitment).

2. order confirmation, to inform the customer that the order was accepted and a contract is complete.

3. shipping confirmation"

Our system has two of those three notifications built in. :)

When a customer places an order, they receive the first order confirmation email, and will receive the shipping confirmation shortly afterwards. Each of those templates can be edited through the Notifications section of your shop's admin. 

If you would like to add a "contract approval" step to this, I would recommend updating the terms and conditions section in the Checkout page of your shop's admin. This will create contracts that your customers will be required to agree to, in order to place their orders. 

Alternatively, you could send out an "approval email" with the use of an app, like Chimpified (https://apps.shopify.com/chimpified). ;

I hope this helps!

Ashley
Shopify Guru

Ashley Shopify Guru
0 Likes
Explorer
89 0 56

Hi Ashley,

thanks for your profound reply.

I think you misunderstood me with the order confirmation. In Europe you don't want to be bound right away as a seller just because a customer placed an order - this is why it's preferred not to send out an automatic order confirmation, but just an information that the order was received.

Anyway, I'll definetely check out chimpified :-)

Kind regards

Marco

1 Like
Explorer
89 0 56

Ashley, any news on the deactivation of order confirmation?

I don't know why this cannot be done - it must be a simple step.

Thanks.

2 Likes
Explorer
89 0 56

*Push*

0 Likes