Deactivate Order Confirmation

1 0 1

This reply makes me think that Shopfy does not want to listen to its paying cusotmers. That is the first sign of a company that has a business model that will ultimately fail.

It woud appear that we all want to do away with this simplistic order confrimation note and use somethhing that is more professional.

Why won't Shopify allow us to do so?

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

+1

I'm actually getting quite frustrated at how Shopify has not been able to get the basic things right. The receipts are way too rudimentary and unattractive for an online shop. Please just give us the possibility to buy a bit more freedom.

1 Like
1 0 1

+1 on disabling the confirmation email.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

+1 on being able to disable certain emails.

Also, why T F can't shopify do returns? How do they get away with labeling Shopify POS a "Full-featured" POS system when you can't do something as basic as a return.

Also, why can't I have different box sizes for different items? How is this not a basic ecommerce function? 

0 Likes
Not applicable
715 0 56

+ 1 to this.

We use the Recieptful app - much easier to design, track user interaction, generate upsells and referals. In our case, the legacy Shopify confirmations are now redundant at best, bothersome at worst. Would be great to turn them off so long as we are using Receiptful.

2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

1+ do disable any Shopify email. AND...

I started using Klaviyo, which creates customized HTML to replace the default Shopify emails code. It was only then that I came to realize that perhaps I have been sending my customers two Shipping Confirmation emails -- one from ShipStation and one from Shopify. But I cannot confirm that Shopify is sending Shipping Confirmations. Each order in Shopify has a history log, but I see no entry that a Shipping Notification was sent. The only customer email contact logged is:

"Order confirmation email was sent to the customer Resend email"

I would turn off shipping notifications from Shipstation but since I cannot verity that Shopify is sending shipping notifications, I hesitate to do so. 

I'd like the ability to audit what emails were sent. Seems that when I first opened my Store there was a store-wide report on all communications. I'd also like the ability to BCC myself on any or all Shopify emails so that I can check them. Shipstation provides this feature, as does my previous shopping platform. Pretty much standard isn't it?

1 Like
4 0 0

+1

3 receipts for one order is ridiculous.  Should be a very easy solution to this issue.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

I finally got my solution in place. I told Shipstation to NOT send emails. Then in Stitch I set the switch "Send notification email to customer sent from your channel when an order is marked shipped in Stitch." to ON. I had mis-read that thinking it meant that Stitch would send a shipping confirmation, but, no, it tells Shopify to send the confirmation. That Shopify sends the Shipping Confirmation can be verified by an entry in the order's log of events.

I'd still appreciate the ability to turn it off.

2 Likes
Navigator
1137 0 120

@Kevin - yep!

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
1 Like
Excursionist
38 0 12

Another +1 here.

I just setup and paid for Receiptful then ran a test and freaked out because the Receiptful receipt didn't come through.  Of course it did a minute later.

I'm in the process of migrating my shop back from Volusion because of things like this on their end but between this and terrible shipping setup among others I'm starting to remember why I left to begin with.  I'm ready to go live but I keep finding little annoying things that make me pause.

Herb Coulter, President Rock Solid Off-Road
2 Likes