Deactivate Order Confirmation

Tourist
3 0 2

Shopify, PLEASE, PLEASE give us the ability to disable order confirmation emails! I also would like to use Receiptful/Conversio, but I can't. Like so many others here, I do not want to be spamming my customers. How can it be that this feature has been requested for over 2 years and nothing has been done about this? SO FRUSTRATING!!!

2 Likes
Tourist
7 0 14

A similar issue- a customer just reached out to let me know he received six emails when making a simple one item purchase from our store. SIX!

It is frustrating that we cannot control the order confirmation, the shipping confirmation, shipping update, out for delivery update emails. I think we should have the ability how many notifications customers are receiving at a minimum. 

Too many emails or the wrong type of emails is an important lever in the sales process that we need to be able to adjst as store owners.

Perhaps sending along my customer emails to the Shopify support team will help?

1 Like
1 0 1

+1

This is embarassing. 

1 Like
6 0 0

After 2 years, we are still looking for a better solution shopify...

0 Likes
11 0 0

+1

Common, Shopify...you can do this...

So many merchants have voted for this.

0 Likes
2 0 0

+1 to this as well for us. Lack of response on this from Shopify is frustrating. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
170 0 4

If you require these options for an app to function correctly, using

"suppress_notifications": true,

will turn off notifications for the order.

Shopify Expert | shivankagrawal@gmail.com
1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Shivank, are you saying you have an app that will do this? Or this is an app that will suppress notifications?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
170 0 4

Alvin,
I am import orders from one shop to Shopiy without sending emails to customers again. So, I need to suppress the order confirmation email. So, During API call I am adding this param "suppress_notifications": true, in an order create api call.

Shopify Expert | shivankagrawal@gmail.com
0 Likes