Deactivate Order Confirmation

1 0 2

Another user here, repeating the requests of those above to be able to disable the "Order Confirmation" email that is sent to customers. I'd also like to be able to disable the "Shipping Confirmation" email, as our store does not use standard shipping options to deliver our product. 

Heck, the ability to control any of the automatically generated emails would be nice. It's as simple as a adding a checkbox next to each of them.

2 Likes
1 0 3

+1 to disable the "confirmation order"

Exactly the same reasons as Marianne:

I just used the new shopify 'create an order' feature to add an order to my shopify that my customer already bought and paid for in another marketplace. My customer already received a receipt from that marketplace but because I put their email address on the newly created shopify order, shopify sent my customer an order confirmation email. customer was very confused, please add my vote to making the order confirmation email optional.

Bicycles make the world go round. | www.elitecustom.sg
3 Likes
2 0 0

+1 as well.

At the very least, Shopify notifications should automatically disable if a app is triggering another email notification. 

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

+1

shopify emails should totally be optional with a simple on/off switch, and or otherwise shopify should simply make them more adjustable! 

0 Likes
1 0 1

+1

Really want to start using Receiptful, but refuse to spam my customers with an unneccessary 'thank you' email. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

+1 too!

I find it ridiculous that you can't simply turn off the shopify emails.  The default receipts sent are basic and customer unfriendly.  Set up Receiptful, which looks great, but it's yet another email for my customers!

Also what's with the shipping confirmation?  Mine sends out as soon as I get a sale, how can I possibly have shipping something in less than 5 minutes?!   Does anyone know how I can stop this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 1

+1

Totally agree that it's so not cool to send out all those emails when customers make a purchase.  The emails should be made optional!

0 Likes
Navigator
1137 0 119

Georgia, I wonder if you accidently put your SHIPPING email content in the CONFIRM area of settings?

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
0 Likes
2 0 0

+ 1 to this.

Use Recieptful and the confirmation emails they sent out are much nicer and help drive upsells and interaction. Would like to have the option to turn off confirmation emails by Shopify.

0 Likes
7 0 0

I agree, we should have the option to send all these pre-gen emails.
A simple checkbox next to each with some if this then that coding on your end and we will all be happy.

0 Likes