Debut Slide Show is not working-Images don't change

ericfrye240
Tourist
14 0 2

Hello, I need some help regarding my debut theme slide show that is not working. I added this section in and added 2 quick photos to give myself an idea on how it would look but the slide show is not working. The first image will appear but the other image will not appear at all, even if you manually hit the next image arrow button. Please let me know what needs to be done in order to fix this. Thank you! 

URL: fryehomeessentials.com

Password: letsgo1

Replies 6 (6)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @ericfrye240!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for posting your question in the Shopify Community Forums, and also for posting a link to your site so I can test it out on my end! That's tremendously helpful. 

I followed the link you provided, and I notice that the slideshow seems to be stuck on the initial slide, even though the dots and arrows imply there are multiple slides added to the slideshow section on your home page: dots and arrows.png

To confirm if there are indeed multiple slides added, please head over to the theme customizer for the theme in question (Online Store> Themes> Customize) and send me some screenshots showing the content and settings of the slideshow section that's currently on your home page. Additionally, if there are multiple slides, please try enabling the "auto-rotate slides" feature to see if that changes the behaviour of the slideshow: auto-rotate.png

I look forward to hearing back so we can continue to look into this together. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ericfrye240
Tourist
14 0 2

@Ash thank you for helping! I figured out that the issue is coming from the section “header.liquid” file. I imported a new header.liquid code a while back to get my hamburger menu to the left and I think that may be my issue. I want to keep the burger on the left but I want to be able to have a slide show that works properly. There is indeed 2 different images in the slide show, I tested this out with a brand new debut theme and it worked fine, but in my current published page, it doesn’t work. 

7346CB63-7403-4686-B7EB-1BA71FD3D2E5.png

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

My pleasure, @ericfrye240!

Thank you for getting back to me. It sounds like you've gotten some solid investigation done on your end and have determined the most likely cause of the issue. Based on what you've told me in your recent reply, I believe you're on the right track. With the new information you've provided in mind, I have a solution that may suite you. 

Each account on a paid plan has access to 60 minutes of design time. This is time that our Theme Support team can use towards supported customizations on Shopify-made themes, such as Debut. With that said, they're unable to perform customizations or fixes to third-party coding. This includes any coding that you've preformed yourself. This leads to my suggestion, which is to revert your customization to the “header.liquid” file, and then allow our team to look into the customization of moving the hamburger menu to the left side of your site while leaving the slideshow intact. 

I noticed that the hamburger menu only displays on the mobile or "small screen" view of your site, so if you're interested in proceeding with my proposed solution, could you please confirm if the hamburger menu customization is only intended for the "small screen" view? 

ericfrye240
Tourist
14 0 2

@Ash yeah we can try and proceed with that solution.  And yes, the hamburger menu is intended to display only on mobile view. I would like the support team to duplicate my current published theme, just in case I want to go back to my other setup.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Right on, @ericfrye240!

You're able to duplicate any theme you want from your Online Store> Themes section of the admin by using the "Actions" menu on the theme in question. Below is a screenshot showing exactly where the duplicate option is. May I suggest duplicating the theme in question, reverting one so that it no longer has customizations to the header.liquid, and then renaming the one you revert accordingly so we can easily identify which is to be customized by our team?

dupetheme.png

In order to get our Theme Support team involved, we need to authenticate you on the account in question. I've sent you an email to the email address associated with your Shopify Community account to do this. Please reply back to that email once you've duplicated your theme, reverted one version and renamed it accordingly. I will then loop in Theme Support so we can look into moving the hamburger menu to the left side of the page on the mobile view. 

Fernyboutique
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there! 

I noticed today that my slides are not sliding easy to the next picture.  

For example tops 

If I chose one top to look at, when I try to look the next photo on the same item the slide don't change