Debut Theme- Changing the image based on the variant?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi!

I'm using debut theme and on my website, when a customer selects a colour (for example) from the dropdown menu, the image stays the same and it does not change according to the colour selected on the dropdown.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 20 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @anuradhawi

Thank you for reaching out to the community about this. You will want to make sure that each variant is assigned the correct picture for it's colour. If you navigate in your admin to Products > Click on a product > under the "Variants" section, check which photo is assigned next to each each variant (on the left). For example, it would look something like this: 

14-47-dvqr3-awwf6

You want to make sure that you haven't only uploaded the photos under the "Images" section, but have assigned each variant a specific photo as well. If these are already assigned there, let me know and I would be happy to take a look for you! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thanks Brie. It worked perfectly!!!

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Brie,

I have the Debut theme and have tried to follow your instructions. When i navigate to Products > Click on a product >  "Variants" section, i don't have the option to add images,  i have attached a photo of my screen.

Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks1241.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
240 1 20

Once you save the product info initially, it will show up after that. I have to save first and then add the color variants afterwards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for the info! Can i have have the main text linked to a variant so it will also change?

I'm using Debut theme, www.luxxdrops.com is the store.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
240 1 20

This is an accepted solution.

You might if you use the actual url of the page for that color...but I am sure it would be better to code it somehow to do that. You would have to ask one of the gurus here on how to do it lol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 20 48

Hi, @MattF

As @Lisa_H mentioned, once you save the variant you are able to assign the linked photo. Regarding the text you mentioned - would that be the actual product description that changes along with the variant? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hey Lisa,

Yes, I would like the actual product description to changes along with the variant. Is that possible?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 20 48

Hi, @MattF

Thanks for confirming. That is certainly possible, though it would require some custom coding and would be outside the realm of our support. I'd suggest reaching out to one of our Shopify Experts for help integrating that. Hope that helps! 

0 Likes