Decent Visitors but no Conversions

Highlighted
6 0 0

I started my POD store about 6 weeks ago

Running campaigns on FB, Insta & Google

Have about 1500 visitors in 4 weeks but no sales

I would love to get some ideas, suggestions, help, etc from the Shopify Gurus here, I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I am  getting a little discouraged 

Thanks in advance

M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
426 45 85

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your business off the ground. It definitely is a challenging time for businesses right now. 

If you share your store URL we'd be happy to provide feedback on things like your site design and user experience. 

In terms of marketing, what product research had you done prior to starting the store to establish demand in your target demographic? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Cal, 

My apologies, I forgot to include the link in the post

www.dreamwayprints.com

My research was mostly based on personal experience and online research to find the kind of content I have listed, I think it is unique and it connects with people, but it doesn't seem so with the conversions

Let me know what you think 

M

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Sorry< i forgot to include the link

www.dreamwayprints.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
426 45 85

Hi @DreamWay! I've taken a look at your site and you've done some great work. There's still room for improvement and you could do with really drilling down on branding and focusing on what makes your business unique. There are a couple of areas I'd like to point out: 

• There seems to be an issue with the newsletter popup, the transparent background is confusing.
  • The basic introduction doesn't do a great on communicating the mission statement and what your site is offering. 
  • Transparent navigation is also not ideal for aesthetic purposes. 
  • For things like your Father's Day collection, would it be best to create a sub-section of products for annual events like this? 
  • The About Us is quite text-heavy, how about using some nice images in there too? 
  • Your favicon color scheme doesn't seem to match with your site palette. 

I'd be curious to ask how you are targeting your chosen target market via your social campaigns? Have you created marketing personas? Not all traffic is equal, and if you're sending the wrong traffic to your store, you'll never achieve reasonable conversions. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @DreamWay 

The store looks quite polished. I noticed something though - I missed seeing any social proof and urgency. Something that would catch my attention and drive me to buy immediately. You could relate to this by thinking of a real life store - when you pass by their window, you'll see their latest collections, top offers and bestseller, isn't it? Well, that's the same for an online store as well!

You could highlight some kind of urgency on your product images. Apps like ModeMagic help you to get more sales by creating urgency and #fomo in your shoppers and help convert them into buyers faster.

Do let me know if this works out. Stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4 0 0
I just checkout our your store.

A couple of simple observations.

1. On MOBILE I added a SUPERDAD tee. I could not get to the checkout because your checkout button is obscured by another “add to cart” button and an additional cart which seems to override the themes default checkout button in the drawer.

So essentially if I wanted the product I can’t even get to the checkout on my iPhone anyway.

0 Likes