Declined Instagram sales Channel

2 0 2

I have been troubleshooting my Instagram sales channel for the last month.  At first my Instagram was approved for sales, then when I was working on my site I got an email that I was randomly declined. I called in to Shopify and they were very empathetic and tried to help with the issue. They had tons of suggestions and articles, I looked over the rules painstakingly, nothing.  I followed another forum and saw some insturctions for manually connecting your Instagram, that didn't work for me either.  Facebook instantly approved me but Instagram has declined me several times.  I've sent messages to Instagram and FB and I'm not really sure what else to do.  I moved to Shopify specifially because of the ability to sell and tag on Instagram, and now with it not available I'm feeling a bit hopeless!

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 31 57

Hi, Lz.

This is May from Shopify.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been having issues with connecting your Instagram business account to your store. I understand how frustrating and hopeless this can feel, especially when you have tried multiple times with numerous different ways! Unfortunately, we do not have a say or any access when it comes to Instagram business account approval.

I am sure you have reviewed all the requirements for the Instagram sale channel, and also Facebook’s commerce policies. If you are 100% sure that your account/store falls under the guideline, if you haven’t already, I recommend starting a live chat with the Facebook Business team here. When you visit the link, you will need to fill out a form, and once you submitted it, a chat will open up in your Messenger with a Support Agent from Facebook.

I am also curious to see if any other merchants here have resolved an issue like this? If there are any merchants who have more insights on how to resolve this, please share your knowledge and/or experience with us!

Again, I’m very sorry about your experience. If you have any other questions around this topic, feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

The live chat is useless as nobody is available to help. I have the same issue and read the policies several times, they said you can 'appeal' if they decline your insta shop but no link or email address is provided to appeal. Can someone please hep!?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
I am having the same problems, I also joined Shopify specifically to sell on instagram
0 Likes