Default product status when adding new product

systemF
Tourist
3 0 2

I’ve done about 20 today, switched from draft to active and they were pretty much instant, available on my site x 

rjsteiner
1 0 0

We get that, but it seems like an extra step in the process that wasn't there before.  Most of the other platforms (woocommerce, Magento, etc) that we have worked with make "Published" the default status when creating a new product, with the option to change to draft when needed.  

0 Likes
Quick
1 0 1

I agree, the choice should be left to the store. I would prefer all of my listings be active automatically. Having to switch this has also hindered my workflow. 

thanks...

Gustonian
2 0 2

Exactly. I already have employees who don’t fill out all the info and now that’s one extra step I have to do and recheck . The default should be active. Not draft. Please change this!

Gustonian
2 0 2

I agree. Since this change has come about it has given me more work to do. It is awful. If they want something to be a draft they should have to toggle it on. We should have to do any extra step because a handful of people wanted it to be a draft. The majority want the product on ASAP and it should default to active. I already have employees who don’t fill out all the info and now that’s one extra step I have to do and recheck . The default should be active. Not draft. Please change this! Thank u.

ptmercer
2 0 0

I entered some items as a 'draft' and printed barcodes. I wasn't ready to make them available for purchase at the time. But now that I am ready to make these products available on the site and in store, the barcode will not scan on our Ipads nor is the item showiing up in the search... Can you please assist with this?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Dg0016
1 0 1

Hello, 

I would like to 2nd this. Having a product default to draft is a huge hindrance to work flow. I think the default should be active or at the very minimum allow merchants to choose what their default is. 

I hope this gets changed. 

Thanks for the consideration, 

Daniel 

Sharon_B
Explorer
81 0 21

Yes please, either make ACTIVE the default or at least give us choice to make all of our listings active as we post them. I'm sure I probably have posted some products that aren't active, just because I missed changing them from draft!

billieruddy
1 0 0

I am new to Shopify and learning it right now. I am on collection page, is there a way I can get current collection?

0 Likes