Delete Abandoned checkouts

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello,

is it possible to delete Abandoned checkouts? Its important due to GDPR, as it contains customer information (like name, email, phone, address).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
801 41 123

Hi, Gergely!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

I'm afraid there is no way to delete abandoned cart checkouts. The only types of orders that can be deleted fall under these specific categories.

If you wanted to remove some customer information for GDPR compliance, you can request this information be removed by our team. You can do this by going to the Customers tab in your admin, then clicking the 'remove personal data' button on the bottom right of the screen.

After that request has been submitted to us, we will transmit your request to all apps you have installed at the time you make the request that might have access to that customer’s data.

There is some more information here on how to process erasure requests here.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
253 10 31

Yes there is no way to delete the abandoned cart checkouts in Shopify. But you should read this article to learn how to disable the default abandoned cart email on Shopify, maybe it could help you in the future ;)

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 1 22

I am also wanting to do this because they were test orders put in by me and one that payments were still in test mode and I didn't realize.  It's a brand new shop.  At least can we just get them off the screen? archive seems to do absolutely nothing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

This really needs to be a feature. even if they are not deleted by shopifys system there needs to be a way to clear them from the queue in the shop.  Its obnoxious to look through with no method of sorting.  Seems like lazy design to me, hopefully its improved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

What I do is I set them as archived.

Then use the filter, I filter by Status = Open.

Then save the search, I named mine "Open"

Now you should have an extra tab at the top called open.

Whenever I go the Abandoned checkouts section I go directly to the new Open tab.

Still not a true delete but at least filters things out.

Hugs to all

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
801 41 123

Hi @TAGSAngel & @ShmancyDesigns!

I've checked this out with our Accounts team to get more information for you here. Abandoned checkouts are saved in the Shopify admin for three months. Once per week, a check is in place to make sure abandoned checkouts that are older than three months are removed from the admin. So those test checkout should disappear for you shortly! You could also try @sciclunari's method in the meantime, just so you won't see the test orders.

Have a great day! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 1 22
Thank you. Yes, not a true delete and I'm somewhat ocd lol but I'll take
it. Thanks much!
Highlighted
Pathfinder
100 1 22
Ahhhhh OK great Thank you! (but.. What if I wanted to keep some of
them?) for whatever weird reason I have - to monitor who keeps trying to
add product and leave, thinking they are killing my serps ? I'd really
rather have the ability to delete what I don't want and keep what I do (yes,
I am a control freak lol) but I'm glad to at least know that those test
orders will be gone soon.
Appreciate the info and the reply!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

I guess then it is about exporting the data, and maybe maintaining it somewhere in a sheet on one of those many cloud services.