Delete Filters from “Filter By” List

Rlynn1218
Visitor
1 0 0

I have follow through in previous discussions about this. I have gone in to my products and deleted the existing tags however when I go to my catalog and click “Filter By” those tags are still popping up. Any advice? Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Rlynn1218

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I appreciate you posting this question. 

It's possible the tags that you've already removed are cached on your browser, which is causing them to still appear in the 'Filter by' list. To check if this is the case, please clear your browser cache, and then try visiting your storefront again to see if you're still able to filter by those tags. Using Chrome Incognito mode to view your site is also a great way to verify this.  

However, if the tags are still appearing, it's worth double checking your products to ensure the tags were removed correctly. You can do this by following these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin
  2. Click 'Products' on the lefthand sidebar
  3. Click this button to select all products on the page 
  4. If you have more than 50 products, click the blue text that says 'Select 50+ products in store'
  5. Click 'More actions > Remove tags' 
  6. Type in the tags you want to remove, or select the tags from the pop up window 
  7. Click 'Save' 
  8. A box will appear at the bottom of the screen to confirm when all of the tags have been removed 

Then, I recommend clearing your browser cache again, and visiting your storefront to check if these tags are still appearing in your 'Filter by' list. If they are, please let me know so I can help look into this further. 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.