Delete Product button in Shopify Admin

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

We have a retail store, our staff has access to our shopfiy console to input inventory. Is there any way to password protect the delete product button? We have thousands of items, all an employee would need to do to hypotechtically steal an items is to delete a product and it would not exist anymore

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 77

Hi, Jacob. 

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

If this is a concern for you, I would suggest setting different permissions for the staff accounts listed on your shop. 

Head to Settings > Account > scroll to Accounts and permissions and click on the staff member's name to edit their permissions. From here; scroll to Admin access, if this person currently has full access enabled, you'll need to untick this to show more options. 

This will reveal the options available for you to allow access to:

By unticking the Products option, this staff member will not be permitted to edit this section of the admin. Be sure to save any changes made before leaving this page. 

For more info on Staff Permissions and accounts check out these help docs:

If you have any more questions about your account, please feel free to reach out to us directly. ?

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Max, 

I am aware of these settings however, I need my staff to have access to create, modify or edit products but not allow them to delete products. I don't think shopify has this level of control.. please let me know if there are any other solutions. Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 77

Hi, Jacob. 

Max again. ?

There isn't currently a way to further restrict access to the sections as they are listed in the admin (and in that screenshot I shared earlier). 

If you are looking to keep a closer eye on what is being saved, changed, and edited in your admin, I'd suggest checking out the activity feed of your shop.

You can view this in a few different ways:

1. By adding admin/activity to the end of your .myshopify.com URL.
  2. Or when in desktop view, on the right side, scroll to reveal the recent activity (just under Summary details).
  3. If you're on a smaller screen, click View summary to reveal this info. 

Then to get deeper into it and check on what's been changed you can click View all recent activity.

This doesn't stop staff from making changes, but it allows you to see if products have been deleted and by whom. I hope that added info helps out! 

Best, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Team Shopify,

This is a very important feature, why would a staff account be allowed to delete anything other than actually permitted to do so ?

Staff Security settings must be better.

Is there no way at all ?

Thanks

0 Likes