Delete Shopify account/store

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm trying to close or delete my shopify account and store but I cannot now access it without picking a plan. When I try to access the help page on the website nothing works because my account is not active because the the trail has expired. Can I contact someone on the forum to help close my account? I need the domain name for other purposes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 62 129

Hey, @yimmydekoning 

At this point, there isn't actually any further action required in terms of closing your account. Since your trial expired and you were not on a paid Shopify plan, your account has essentially froze and closed down automatically. You will not receive invoices from Shopify regarding your store. Should you decide that you want to start the store up again, you can simply log back in and select a plan! 

With that said, if you have a third-party domain connected to it, we can help you have that disconnected. Feel free to reach out to our support team directly via live chat or email here in order to authenticate your account and make that request. 

I hope that helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Dirk,

I want to disconnect my domain. Since I don't have a paid plan, it's not possible for me to reach out via chat or e-mail.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes