Delete a product vendor??

Highlighted
Tourist
52 0 2

I have a couple "product vendors" that are not applicable anymore, how do I delete them from our system?

Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
5711 0 150

When all of your products are disassociated with these vendors they will simply vanish. (or should) May be best if there are a lot of products to download the csv file and see where they are still showing up.

http://shopifyplus.com ::: http://twitter.com/bacchus
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

Hi

What Jamie said. If you still see these vendor names in the Vendor name drop-down, it means that they are associated with some of your products, still.

You can also do this to locate the pesky products:

Go to your Main product page in your admin, at /admin/products, and look in the sidebar. Look under 'Vendors', click the 'show all' link for that. Locate the 1st vendor name you think should be gone. That will show you the products still associated with it on the left. Change the vendor name for these products. Repeat with 2nd vendor name, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

I removed the vendor from all products and it still shows up in the vendor drop down.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

I did this and the vendor still appears in the dropdown.

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to figure this out as well. I need to delete a vendor that was misspelled .

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I'm also trying to do this.  I've made sure that there are no products using this vendor but it's still appearing in the drop down list. 

Highlighted
1 0 0

me to , still showing up in vendor list even that i've cleared all the misspelled vendor. 

any1 got an idea how to fix this?

@Caroline_Schnap wrote:

Hi

What Jamie said. If you still see these vendor names in the Vendor name drop-down, it means that they are associated with some of your products, still.

You can also do this to locate the pesky products:

Go to your Main product page in your admin, at /admin/products, and look in the sidebar. Look under 'Vendors', click the 'show all' link for that. Locate the 1st vendor name you think should be gone. That will show you the products still associated with it on the left. Change the vendor name for these products. Repeat with 2nd vendor name, etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
2 0 3

We still have vendors showing in our dropdown after removing any product association from them.

Some were typos, or abbreviations .. so there may be multiple choices for the same vendor.  (accidentally) 

This makes things very confusing amongst employees not knowing which vendor option to select when adding products.

Wish there was a way to delete vendors from the list!

Highlighted
2 0 2

Did anyone reach a solution for this?