Delete items in bulk.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello,

I need to periodically delete a large number of items from our site.  I've tried to do this with the bulk delete function in the products console but the search functions are too limited.  I need to search for items that contain certain characters in the handle.  Is there any way to do this?  If not, can I delete items using a CSV import?  Any suggestions would be appreciate.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

Hello, @VitaminDiscount.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re looking for a way to bulk delete specific products and the search functions are too limited. You can try to combine search functions with filters to help narrow down the products for bulk actions. I recommend using filters, such as ‘Product type’ or ‘Tagged with’, to help with the search. The filters look like this:

12-48-cm6t3-sqkb8

That said, CSV import can overwrite existing products or upload new products. However, CSV imports aren’t able to delete products. You can try third-party bulk editors, such as Bulk Product Edit & CSV Import, but I can’t be sure if that’s what you’re looking for. If you need any help with this app, you can always reach out to the developer directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app’s page. 

I hope this provides a couple of options for you to look into. If you have any other questions on bulk actions, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes