Delete shop

Solved
Confused1
1 0 0

I’m currently on the pause plan but I don’t want that I simply want to delete my shop. How do I do that ?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

Hey, @Confused1! I’m sorry to hear you are wanting to delete your shop. Is there a particular reason why? I’m more than happy to give you a hand if there was something you were struggling with.

Nevertheless, if you are wanting to proceed with closing your store, there are two ways you can go about it while on the full Pause plan:

• You can reactivate your store by logging in as usual and choosing a paid plan. Then, navigation to ‘Settings > Plans and permissions’ and scroll to the bottom of the page and choose to close your store. (The steps to close your store are also found here). In this case, you would have to pay for the plan you choose before closing your store, but I’m happy to help get those funds returned to you if you immediately proceed to cancelling your account.

• The second option is to enlist assistance from our Accounts department. I can escalate your request to close your store to them, and they’ll reach out to you directly to properly close it down.

Please let me know what you decide to do, and I’ll do my part to fully assist you however you need. Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Terry94
1 0 0

Hi @Helen , I would like to proceed with the 2nd option of deleting/closing my shopify store as it is currently under the pause plan. Can you kindly assist with this? Thank you

0 Likes
ronlima
6 0 0

Hi @Helen ,

I think I have the same issue as the others.
My shop is currently on pause but I want to close it for good.
It seems I cannot do it.
Would you help me with this issue?
Thanks.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ronlima  and @Terry94. We certainly can assist you with this!

In order to do so, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’re happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our contact page and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time so that the Support Advisor you speak with can help you as quickly as possible, please share this summary of your request at the beginning of your conversation:

“I am on the full Pause plan and would like to close my store without having to reactivate it first.” 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

0 Likes
ronlima
6 0 0

Dear @Helen 

Unfortunately there's a problem here as your system won't allow me to create a support request.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

Oh no! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with it, @ronlima. Please try clearing the cache on your browser to see if this helps. 

If it doesn’t please tell me more about what you are experiencing, so that we can look into it for you. Which type of support are you trying to use (email, chat, callback). Are you receiving any error messages? Please provide a screenshot of the error if possible. 

0 Likes
ronlima
6 0 0

Dear @Helen 

It seems the problem is not the cache.
What happens is that your system won't allow me to go any further without selecting a shop.
Unfortunately, my e-mail is being shown without the possibility to be selected to allow me to create a support ticket.

I tried all the options of support available

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 154 193

I see, @ronlima. Have you tried using the ‘Continue without logging in’, and ‘I don’t have a Shopify store’ options through the contact steps? Although this won’t pre-authenticate you, the Support Advisor you connect with can ask you some questions about your account in order to authorize the accesses they need to assist you. 

For reference, I made a video here of how to get to a live chat this way. Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes