Deleted order still shows in analytics

Solved
Tourist
22 0 0

I placed a fictitious order in Shopify to test a feature of the system. I later deleted the order - the problem the order still appears in analytics and all reports. How can i remove that? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
108 15 19

Hi, @Espen_Unaas1

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question.

When did you delete your ‘fictitious’ order? Some Shopify Analytics reports can take up to 72 hours to update, so I encourage you to wait this full length of time after cancelling or deleting an order.

However, orders that have been cancelled will continue to appear in your Analytics Sales Reports. They will appear as a sale for the day that it was placed, and as a return for the day that it was cancelled. Is this what you are seeing in your reports?

When an order is deleted, it will not be included in your Analytics. The following types of orders can be deleted:

• An order created as a draft, and marked as paid
  • An order that used a manual payment method
  • Orders imported through the Shopify API
  • Orders placed while your payment gateway was in test mode

Does your ‘fictitious’ order fall into one of these order types? Please follow our help doc instructions here to completely delete it, which will then remove it from your reports.

If your order has been fully deleted, and still shows in your Shopify Analytics, please reply to this post and let me know, so that I can investigate this further for you. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
22 0 0

It has been completely deleted but still appears in the report. As you can see from my Octorber report, it destroys the whole statistic.

repport12.10.19.jpg

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
108 15 19

Hey, @Espen_Unaas1,

Thanks for your reply and the screenshot! The behaviour of that report is not as expected, and so I would like to have our Tech team look further into this for you. I am sending you an email so that we can proceed with the next steps of this escalation. Please keep an eye out for it.

Thank you,

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi there,

I have had the same problem last week... although it is a cancelled order (due to declined payment) the order still exists cant be deleted from the store or reports. I managed to delete the "payment declined " orders maybe hundreds of them up to now (because we offer finance to customers) this one cant be deleted i dont know why...

i believe i have a kind of bug in my store.. And i m really uncomfortable thinking it may happen again. I have been in touch with shopify ( even the shopify doesnt recognise my shopify store-this is why i think i have a bug or something) they have no clue wat i am talking about and still no solution or attention.Could you help me out please...thank you

shaun -betterproductsfordisabledpeople.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
108 15 19

Hey, @4disabled!

Thanks for reaching out. Let’s get this figured out for you!

The method of payment is the key to being able to delete an order. Orders made using a manual payment method are able to be cancelled and deleted. Orders placed using a payment gateway or an alternative payment method, even if declined, cannot be deleted; They can only be cancelled.  

Is your “financing” option set up as a manual payment method by any chance? You can check this by going to ‘Settings > Payment Providers’ from your Shopify admin. If it is, this explains why you were able to delete orders placed using financing.  

Please check the timeline of the order you are currently unable to delete. Did the customer use a manual payment method? 

Let me know what you find.

0 Likes