Deleting Products

Jaymee
2 0 0

Hello, I have not yet started hun store yet but I do have a question.

I will be doing custom orders as well as selling premade products. If I was to add a product specifically for a custom order, so the sale goes through my website, would I be able to then remove that product once the order is fulfilled? And if so, will the order still count towards my total orders through the website?

What would you suggest doing for custom orders? My idea was if someone wanted a custom top, to add a product called custom order with the price I quoted and leave it at that, then remove once it was done. 

0 Likes
bundleup
1 0 0

Hi

Yes you can delete the product from the system even after it has been processed on an order. The order will still have the name, sku of the product but you will not be able to view more details of it.

When you say custom order are they still products you usually sell but are adjusting pricing for different options? If so you might be better off creating a draft order with the main product but with notes as to what else the order contains and price it accordingly. This might save you time from creating new products.

0 Likes
Jaymee
2 0 0
Thanks very much! With the custom orders, yes and no. So like one of my products is baby jump suits. So I have premade designs but I also offer customs so if someone wanted a design I don’t have available I’ll quote up a custom order.

But then if someone wants a new product I don’t have on my website I can look into creating it for them.

Kind regards

Jaymee Goss
Crafted Ever After
0 Likes
channelup
Shopify Partner
256 11 35

Hey Jaymee

You can achieve what you are after by creating draft orders in Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/create-orders

During the draft order creation you can actually create a custom item for the order by clicking Add custom item. This will then not be in your inventory so you won't have to delete it.

Regards

Tom

Channelup is a product data management solution helping Shopify stores automate their processes.
If you require custom development or would like to test out our features contact me at tom@channelup.io
0 Likes