Deleting orders over 60 days old

Mari_
1 0 0

On our shopify store we have orders from over two years ago that had forgotten to be fulfilled or deleted, but now the orders cannot be fulfilled or deleted because of something coded in Shopify. It lists that we have way more orders than actually needed to be fulfilled. We want to ERASE, DELETE or FULFILL all of these orders so we can see JUST the current orders that we have. 

Someone please help! 

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
983 94 144

Hey, @Mari_.

This is Elias from Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

You can only delete an order if the order was paid with a manual payment method, the order was created from draft and then marked as paid, the order was imported through the Shopify API, or the order was a test order. If the order does not meet any of these conditions, then you won't be able to delete the order. The reason for this is because they are real orders for reference and they can be served as a form of legal document for financial institutions. 

You can; however, archive the orders, which will remove them from your Open orders list. This way, the Open orders list will only display the current, unarchived, and unfulfilled orders. By archiving orders, it will also reduce the number badge of orders on the menu of your admin.  

Here's a screenshot of the Open orders list from my test store:

27-05-qbtvj-mm9lj

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes