Deleting the current pixel on my Shopify website

Highlighted
1 0 0

As I created a Business Manager account for my business and I can't add the existing pixel to it, I'm thinking of creating a new one and replace it. I know I can take ownership of my personal ad account but I don't want that to be honest. 

The store is new and there's no much data on that pixel. 

What would be the best way of deleting the current pixel entirely from the store? I pasted the pixel code in the Preferences section and didn't add anything in the theme's code. Do I need to delete it from there and that's it or I need to dive into the code and delete it from there as well?

Many thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
54 0 13

Hello Bogdan

I'm Jason a guru here at Shopify!

Great question actually, so if you've used a Facebook pixel with your online store in the past and you want to create a new pixel, then you will need to remove Facebook pixel code from your online store first.

Adding a second Facebook pixel to your online store could cause duplicate or incorrect data. I would first delete it from the preferences section as you mentioned. Then you can remove the existing pixel code from your  theme.liquid file.

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. In the Current theme section, click Actions, and select Edit code.
  3. Click the theme.liquid file to open the code editor.
  4. Delete the Facebook pixel code. You can find it between the <head> and </head> tags.
  5. Click Save.

Once this is done you should have no issues going forward.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with! 

Jason || Shopify

Jason
0 Likes
Highlighted
32 0 0

Hello, remove the pixel code entirely from your store and if you are fighting hard to get the right pixel at the right place, Get on to Trackify X - it is the facebook pixel app that will help you connect your Facebook pixel with just one click. No technicalities, no coding, Easy pixel integration for as many pixels as you want which can be used to track custom events and parameters based on your goals.

Trackify X is a data-based platform designed to help you run better ad campaigns, increase your ROI, and leverage all that information to take your advertising game to the next level.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi there,

I have accidentally added 2 pixels on my Shopify site & only want the 1! I can't find the <head> and <head> tags in theme.liquid to remove the one I don't want on there? Any tips? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've tried this but not working, can't find my pixel on theme. Got 3 pixels running :( I'm using debut theme.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

having the same issue, did you manage to fix this 

0 Likes