Delivered Status Notification

2 0 0

Hi , 

Im unable to update the status of the order to delivered . Im testing the site with bogus payment gateway and i would like to see if the delivered mail is getting triggered . 

How do i go about this . 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 10

Hey Elai, 

I'm Zuzanna, a Guru here at Shopify, and I would be happy to help you out today :)

When it comes to the ‘Shipment out for delivery’ and ‘Shipment delivered’ notifications, those will only be sent out when you fulfill orders that have tracking information from USPS, UPS, FedEx and Canada Post. We have a direct link built-in with these carriers, and once the status of the shipment changes on their end, the notification will automatically be sent from Shopify. That means that without actually shipping out an order through one of those carriers, you wouldn't be able to test this feature. 

That said, you can send yourself a test notification for it! To do so, just head to Settings>Notifications, and click on the notification you want to test out. Then in the upper right hand corner of the template, you will see a button with three little dots on it, click there, and in the drop down menu that appears, you can choose to 'Send test email'. That will send a test version of that notification to your email address so you can take a look! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to our support team here

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Tourist
8 1 1

Hello Zuzanna, is there a change in shipment notifications? I am based in India, so wanted to check if you have partnered with anyone of the courier services in India?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Zuzanna, 

Thanks for your message about this. Do these delivery status emails get timestamped on the order timeline when they are triggered? We only see that the order timeline gets updated when the confirmation email goes out so we weren't sure if they were working correctly. 

Thanks!

RBH-RM

0 Likes