Delivery and Pick-up Options not displaying at checkout

Highlighted
2 0 0

When I tested this yesterday, the Local Delivery and Pick-up options were available on my desktop store. They are NOT available on the mobile site. Today, they are no longer available on my desktop store. I don't think I changed anything, and can't figure out what happened. They are so important to my business model, so I need them to display on ALL of my sites, without fail. Anyone else run into this and have a good fix? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @kalenthyme!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. It can be super frustrating when something isn't working as intended. I'll do my best to help out and work out why your local delivery and pickup options aren't displaying at your checkout. Before we start, head over to Settings > Shipping and Delivery to make sure everything is set up correctly. For guidance, check out our guides on setting up local pickup and delivery and our general guide on shipping and delivery.

For any shipping options to display, there needs to be inventory available at the location you've set for your local pickup and delivery. Head over to Settings > Locations to make sure your locations are set up correctly (see this guide for help), and also head over to Products to make sure you've got inventory added in for the products you're wanting to have as part of your local delivery and pickup.

If the above suggestions don't fix the issue, we may need to take a closer look. Please let me know by replying to this thread if you're still seeing issues. You store URL, as well as any screenshots of the issue, will be super helpful as well.

I'd love to hear more about your store! From your username, I'm guessing it's something to do with the herbs and spices niche? It's a great time to think about how you can use kalenthyme as part of your marketing plan. To help you get started, we've got a guide on developing a marketing plan that will walk you through:

• Defining your message;
  • Understanding your customers;
  • Choosing your marketing channels;
  • plus much more.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on different aspects of running a store. Check out this article on Your 3 Step Guide to Building a Marketing Plan That Works. This will walk you through:

• The high of starting;
  • Creating a system for success;
  • Entering tactical marketing hell;
  • plus the 3 steps of building a plan.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Miles!

Thank you! So, shipping and delivery are set up for my one location. I
installed the PayWhirl subscription app. I currently have three products,
one is a regular product, one is a regular product with subscription
option, and the third is subscription only.

Since the Local Delivery option disappeared, I was told by support to use
"shipping" and just change the labels, so I have done this on a few things
in the checkout.

Really what my goal is is this:

We only sell within our town. We sell from one location. We offer delivery
on Fridays, and pick-up on Saturdays. It is that simple. Doesn't matter if
it's a one-time order or a subscription. I just want to be able to reflect
this business model in your application.

I'm running into one thing after another preventing me from setting this up
the way I need it set up. Once one thing seems to work, something else
doesn't. It is very frustrating. I hope you can help.

Here is my store link:
kalen-thyme.myshopify.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi @kalenthyme!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks so much for clarifying your issue, that helps greatly! In order to set up a local delivery or pickup process for specific days of the week, you will need the aid of an app. Shopify's built-in pickup and local delivery features are not customisable to the point of selecting available pickup days. I will pass this suggestion onto the team for you though, as I think it's a great idea.

In regards to apps that would be beneficial to you, I've listed a couple of recommendations below to help get you started. If those apps aren't suitable, you can find a list of apps in the Shopify App Store that are designed for customisable pickup and local delivery.

• In Store Pickup Local Delivery

• From $6.99/month. 14-day free trial.
    • Set different local delivery and pickup slots for different days.
    • Limit orders per slot.
    • Set cut-off and preparation time.
  • Store Pickup Click and Collect

• $11/month. 14-day free trial.
    • You can enable a date picker or set order limits per time slot for social distancing.
    • Allow customers to choose a date and time using a flexible calendar with blackout dates, advanced notice, future order restrictions.

I hope this helps you to finalise your setup. If not, please don't hesitate to let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Miles,

I am also experiencing some problems! On the desktop it is possible to chosse between shipping and local pick up. However on the mobile version it is not. It does not even give me the option to pay for shipping. 
Please can you advise. 

Many thanks.

www.cavedupalais.shop pw. aunely

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
312 27 65

Hi, @Louise_Buisson!

Thanks for letting me know you're experiencing some issues with your local pickup and shipping. I've just tested this on my mobile device as well as a desktop and was given the same options on both occasions. When I first entered the checkout after adding an item to the cart, I was asked for an email address and to choose shipping or pickup. Then, once I chose the shipping option and entered some details, I was taken to the shipping page where I saw a shipping rate of €29 (to ship to Canada). I saw the same process on both my mobile and desktop.

I'd love to help you out with issues you're seeing though. If you could please reply to this thread with the following information, that would be very helpful.

• Screenshots of what you see at the checkout (please ensure personal information is hidden as this is a public forum)
  • Screenshot of your shipping settings and the rates charged (found at Settings > Shipping and Delivery)
  • Outline the steps you take which leads you to see no shipping results

Once I've got that, I'll be able to look a bit further into this for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi Milles,
Thank you so much for replying! I worked out after going round and round in
circles that in a later import I hadn't check "this is a physical product".
Now it is working. It hadn't occurred to me that this may have modified.
Thank you so much.
Louise