Delivery and payment problem

HOMEYOU
2 0 1

Hi, 

we have problem on our site with delivery and payment sections. In section delivery we have two options. Cash on delivery and pay by credit card. Two different prices. If someone choose the credit card payment, and in the payment section, it allows for them to choose cash on delivery. Why is it there? We need to have there in the payment section just credit card. It makes problems, when people choose this and we lost money. 

Thank you for help

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 57 137

Hi, @HOMEYOU!

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help you out here.

The credit card gateway and the Cash on Delivery option would be two separate payment methods, so both of them will appear as options in the checkout. The checkout will let the customer choose how they would like to pay, and as credit card payment is one method and Cash on Delivery (a manual payment gateway) is another method, both methods will be available for the customer to choose from.

The shipping options should show first, then once a rate has been selected, you should be directed to the payment page where you can choose your payment method. Can I ask how you currently have your shipping section set up? Cash on Delivery should only show as an option on the final page, not on the shipping page; could you share a link to your store with me so I can take a look?

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes