Delivery cost by payment method

DelBoy40
1 0 0

Hi.

I am sorry if this was mentioned 1.000.000 times but I did not find clear answer.

So, I'd like to make how much shipping cost based on payment method.
Let's say customer choose payment by credit card and we want to give customer free shipping. 

If customer choose payment with "COD" (Cash On Delivery) we want to charge shipping costs.

Is this possible in Shopify? I was looking, searching but nothning.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
MarcoReleasit
Shopify Partner
59 6 9

Hi @DelBoy40 

It's not possible to connect a shipping option with a payment method on Shopify, so if your customers select free shipping then they will be able to still select Cash on Delivery on the payment methods page.

If you need this to charge an additional fee for Cash on Delivery orders you don't have to do this, because we have created an app that solves this problem.

You can check it out on the Shopify App Store here: https://apps.shopify.com/cash-on-delivery-fee

The app takes less than 10 minutes to configure and adds the extra fee to every Cash on Delivery order.

When the customer selects Cash on Delivery on the payment methods page at checkout they will see the additional fee so that they can decide to pay with another payment method if they do not want to pay the additional fee for COD.

The app is free to install and it also adds a few cool features to order notifications and the order Thank You page to improve the experience for customers who place orders with Cash on Delivery.

Let me know if this helps or if you need more info about the app!

Best regards

Marco

0 Likes