Different Products, Different Currencies

Highlighted
14 0 0

Hi all,

I've searched with no definitive answer...

How do I set some products in a different currency?

We sell globally, however some products must go through the vendor in their native currency. E.g. some European products only sold in Europe must be sold in Euros.

How do I go about this?

0 Likes

Hi @radicalrooster,

This is not possible to show different products in different currency in Shopify and also, Checkout always display currency in base currency.

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
14 0 0

Wow, that really sucks!

So basically... Is Shopify only good for selling natively in one country... not globally?

We do have Bold installed which does a good job of converting prices, but this doesn't seem to be pulled through on the Shopify product buy buttons you can embed elsewhere?

0 Likes

Hi @radicalrooster,

Well, not really! Shopify does allow having multiple currency based on geographical location of the customer with an app called "auto currency switcher"

Also, as you have mentioned that you already have Bold apps so that makes it easy to show the same currency during the Checkout page that has been selected initially by the customer.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
0 Likes
14 0 0

Thanks for your reply.

Bold is working great within Shopify, I must make that clear.

Our issue is we want to use Webflow to build the site design, then Shopify buttons for the checkout process.

For whatever reason, the converted price isn't being pulled through with the button (not the checkout, the 'classic' view of the button that includes the price), so our backup plan was to manually convert certain products.

I guess a related question is... If I wanted to show converted currency on our Webflow site, does this need to be done within Shopify or with custom code on our Webflow site?

0 Likes

I believe this would be adding custom code in Webflow website only and not in Shopify.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

0 Likes