Different delivery options per product/variant. Please help!

nephiecon
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello. I need suggestions on what way you think is best to build my online store. So i bring products from Germany to my country and then sell to local customers. For the products to arrive here from Germany usually take 2 weeks. 

My issue is that I want my customers to be able to order from my stock AND my stock in Germany. Is there a way to have different delivery options per product/variant or do i need to have two separate shops for my current stock and stock in Germany?

Example:
I have in stock a shoe in size 39. In Germany the same shoe is available in size 40. I want to be able to have both visible on my shop but with different delivery options. if client picks size 40 he knows it will take longer to arrive. 

Which is the best way to achieve this? Please any advice would be appreciated!

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 120 236

Hey, @nephiecon

It sounds like you want to offer product based shipping settings. We actually have a feature currently in beta called shipping profiles that is not available to all stores or open sign-ups yet but will be released in the near future. While we don't have a specific date on when this will become available to all stores, I can say that it will be fully rolled out by the end of fall 2019. Feel free to keep an eye on our changelog page for any updates here.

With this feature, you can use shipping profiles to set shipping rates for specific products, and charge different amounts based on where you're shipping your products to and from (Germany vs Local). You can add products that should share shipping rates to a shipping profile, and then set up shipping zones and rates for each location that fulfills those products. 

I hope that clarifies things a little further!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
nephiecon
Tourist
3 0 2

Dear @Dirk ,

Thank you for replying. I think that this will be a great feature to offer for shopify users.

I indeed need a product based shipping settings. However what you showed me is focused on creating different shipping rates per product and not different delivery times. I will try to give a better example below:

Lets say a customer of mine wants to order product A(which is currently in stock here and would take 1-2 days delivery time) and product B(which is currently in stock in Germany and would take 12-15 days delivery time).  I want my customer to be able to see before checkout that product B will not be send in standard delivery time(1-3days) but will take 12-15 days. So in this case products will arrive to him with 2 separate deliveries. 

So I need an option on which I can make shipping profiles on products/variants for different delivery times.

Thanks again.

nephiecon
Tourist
3 0 2

@nephiecon wrote:

Dear @Dirk ,

Thank you for replying. I think that this will be a great feature to offer for shopify users.

I indeed need a product based shipping settings. However what you showed me is focused on creating different shipping rates per product and not different delivery times. I will try to give a better example below:

Lets say a customer of mine wants to order product A(which is currently in stock here and would take 1-2 days delivery time) and product B(which is currently in stock in Germany and would take 12-15 days delivery time).  I want my customer to be able to see before checkout that product B will not be send in standard delivery time(1-3days) but will take 12-15 days. So in this case products will arrive to him with 2 separate deliveries. 

So I need an option on which I can make shipping profiles on products/variants for different delivery times.

Thanks again.

Still can't figure out what to do. Maybe could an administrator move my post to another discussion like"payments, shipping & fulfillment" or "Shopify apps". Someone there might have an idea. 

0 Likes
pushkinhouse
3 0 0

Hi, I was wondering if you found the solution to your problem? I would like to offer 1st class and 2nd class deliveries for each product. But can't figure out how. 

0 Likes
Livom
3 0 0

Looking for the same

0 Likes
Catsionson
Excursionist
12 0 0

Looking for the same

0 Likes
AdrianAdys
1 0 1

Hello! I fix this problem. Go to Add variants. Add variant Ships from or whatever you want and then you must select original and make copy. Check the screen. Sorry for my english. aaaa.png

aaaa.png