Different fulfillment for digital and physical products?

1 0 0

I sell PDF and printed paper copies of my quilt patterns, and have them set up as separate listings. I use Digital Downloads to auto-fulfill the PDF sales, but my physical product sales are already being marked as fulfilled and so I'm currently manually checking each order to make sure I don't miss any orders, and also customers aren't getting notified when products are shipped. 

One option to solve this, I believe, would be to have one listing with two variants, but that's not what I'm wanting to do because a lot of customers are frankly not very computer-savvy and are likely to select the wrong option, so having two listings makes it as easy as possible for my customers to choose which option they prefer. 

Is there another solution??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
323 9 45

I can probably help, I've built a couple solutions for order automation / processing / fulfillment.

I couldn't tell exactly what the problem is, but it sounds like maybe this: 

a) "but my physical product sales are already being marked as fulfilled and so I'm currently manually checking each order to make sure I don't miss any orders".

- Assuming you don't want them to be marked fulfilled, you just need to turn off auto-fulfillment in Shopify settings, or a solution (I've built before) to only fulfill certain products?

b) "also customers aren't getting notified when products are shipped."

- There's a setting for this, that should be triggering a notification when the order gets marked fulfilled.

If you want, send me an email at joe@speedboostr.com with the solution you'd like / problem to solve and I'll see what I can do.

Founder of Speed Boostr - we make Shopify sites faster.
Analyze your site at analyze.speedboostr.com.
I also build custom apps, systems, and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hi Alyce,

I think we have a solution for your need. Many of our customers use Auto Fulfill for auto fulfilling digital products and physical products.

In Auto Fulfill you can create two separate tasks for Fulfilling automatically Digital products and Physical products.

You can Install Auto Fulfill app and contact our support team, they will help you in setting up. It hardly takes 5 minutes for set up.

Here is the link for the app: https://apps.shopify.com/auto-fulfill?

Thanks,

Prakash
Auto Fulfill- Order management & Auto fulfillment of orders 

0 Likes