Different sizing for different shirt types

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me achieve this.  I'm hoping to be able to do it without downloading a 3rd party app.  I have a design that will be screen printed onto 3 different shirt types.  The sizing is slightly different for all three.  When the specific shirt type is selected in the drop-down, how do I have only the sizes that shirt is available in populate in the size drop-down?  Currently all sizes for all shirts show up and when they are only the "add to cart" button greys out and says unavailable.  I would like only the sizes that are actually available to choose for the shirt selected in the drop-down to show up.  Is there an easy way to do this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

hi, did you use variants, for this product ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi there,

Yes I do.  I have "Shirt Type", "Color" and "Size".  The shirt types are onesie, tshirt and sweatshirt.  The onesie come in sizes from newborn to 18 months.  The T-shirt, 6 months-18 months and the sweatshirts 2, 3, 4.  What I would like to have is that once someone chooses "sweatshirt" from the dropdown menu, the only sizes available in the "size" dropdown menu are 2,3,4.  Currently, everything from newborn to size 4 populate, however if you pick a size other than 2,3,4, the add to cart button shows unavailable and greys out.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
73 2 6

This is an accepted solution.

This tutorial looks like it might do what your wanting https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-link-product-options-in-menus

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

That worked perfectly!!  Thank you so much for your help!! :) :)

0 Likes