Different taxes on different products

Highlighted
7 0 0
I want to start using Shopify as my webshop, but I sell some products with 25% tax and some which are free of taxes, so I need to be able to specify on each product which tax rate to use. Could it be possible to show the price both with and without tax on every product?
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I would also like to know an answer for this. I would like to set up a store that sells both food items and gift items. The food items are not taxable and the gift items are. Further, I believe that all taxes should only be charged for orders placed from my state.

I do not see a way to set a tax for an individual item. on/off would be fine for me.

If I set the tax option “All taxes are included in my products prices” then taxes would be charged to out-of-state customers as well as in-state customers, so this won’t work for me either.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
327 0 2

@nada
When you add the US & Canada as a region I’m pretty sure you get the option to modify the tax % on a state-by-state basis. Christina’s faithful before you ask sticky (in General) probably has some good info on showing prices with/without taxes as this becomes pretty complex in Europe.

hth
M

edit: knew I’d seen something about this before

Mike www.anothervision.co.uk
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
404 0 0

You can’t currently change the taxes on a product by product basis. We hope to add a more configurable taxation system in the future, though.

0 Likes
Highlighted
22 0 0

Any idea when the configurable taxation system might be implemented?
Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Any idea when the configurable taxation system might be implemented?

Bump on this question.

Keeping technology simple for non-profits since 2003. http://www.communitybandwidth.ca
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

I’m very interested in an update on the configurable taxation system as well. Please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

this configurable tax system on a product by product basis will also help people using the fetchapp – need to be able to turn the tax off on digital downloads. please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

are there any news about item specific taxation? we would need it in Germany too. in our shop we sell books (7% tax) and other products (19% tax). also the tax on shipping fee is 19%. any plans to implement item specific taxation system soon?
Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Are there any updates on being able to make the taxation product specific? We are trying to launch our new site, but can’t until this issue is resolved!!

0 Likes