Direct Messaging Members in Shopify Community

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Is there a way to direct message or email a member that's participating in the Shopify Community Discussion? There's a thread I am following and someone seems to have a close idea to a solution I am needing but they haven't participated in a while. I was thinking it would be good to possibly email them directly to see if they could assist me.

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
487 28 698

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ActUpMedia

We offer private messaging but users must opt-in to the feature in order to send or receive private messages. 

To opt-in click on your avatar in the top right followed by My Settings. Within click Private Messenger to review the agreement followed by Accept. After doing this you'll see a new envelope icon appear in the top right corner next to your avatar. 

If a member has opted in when you click on their username you'll see a Send a message below their current avatar.

I hope this helps! 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thanks... that worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Is this still the correct method? I'm not seeing the "Private Messages" option in settings. Incidentally, it's you @TyW  I'm trying to message!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
487 28 698

@LuckyPennyPress wrote:

Is this still the correct method? I'm not seeing the "Private Messages" option in settings. Incidentally, it's you @TyW  I'm trying to message!

Due to PM spammers we had to implement some checks and balances before the PM feature is available to new users. 

I can't share the specifics or the spammers will know but you just hit the requirements so PM has been turned on automatically for you. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hmm, I can't see the "Private Messages" option either

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi:

I just subscribed and am trying to contact a community member who has a code work around for a problem I'm facing. I've followed the "solution"offered but can't seem to find anywhere to activate direct messaging in my account so I'm stuck. I know there's enhanced security due to spammers but I can't find my way through. Any help would be appreciated. 

Also, my issue is as follows:  I'm trying to add a "Read More/Read Less" button to a "rich text section" of my store.  This section is 863 words long but I want to show only 140 words and then display "Read More".

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
487 28 698

Hi @LowSpark, looks like you have PM capabilities now  

I can't share the specifics but it's a combination of making contributions to the community and being registered for a certain amount of time before the PM option is enabled per above to prevent spammers from registering and sending unsolicited messages. 

Thanks for your understanding!

Ty

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can i have PM capabilities, i will like to contact a memner from the comunity, thanks

0 Likes