Disable USPS Parcel Select Ground

raymatos
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

I already unchecked the box in the shipping settings but its still showing up when fulfilling an order.  

https://cl.ly/98d3f7eb465f

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, @raymatos.

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

From your screenshot it looks like you're using Shopify Shipping. With Shopify Shipping, the options you set up in your Shipping Zones will apply to your checkout. This means that your customers will see what you've got set up here.

However, you will be able to access more options and settings when fulfilling the order and purchasing your shipping label. This is to give you more control over the weight, size and rate you are purchasing a label for.

If your customers are seeing the rate that you've deselected appear at checkout, it may be possible that you have more than one shipping zone set up. If you're entering an address in a different shipping zone, with this option still selected, it will still appear at the checkout.

If you only have one shipping zone set up, and Parcel Select Ground is still appearing at the checkout, let me know and I can keep looking into this for you!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Eric_Sutter
1 0 0

Hi Lizzy, is there a way to disable services so they are not visible to me or other staff members? When fulfilling orders I keep having the orders default to Select Ground even though the customer selects the only option of free Priority mail service. I can't foresee ever using the select ground service (especially when it's $0.50 cheaper to add an astounding 6-7 days of shipping time). Ideally I would like uncheck all of the services we as a company are not offering. I can understand wanting to have flexibility when I ship but I would really rather not have to pick through so many options when we only offer our customers one option and maybe use 2 total for all possible orders.

0 Likes
raymatos
Shopify Partner
11 0 2

Yes Lizzy, same issue as Eric.  Disable it for staff.  Its useless service.  I would expect the shipping settings to apply for both customers and staff.

Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, @Eric_Sutter and @raymatos 

At this point there isn't a way to remove shipping options from the label purchase. However I understand how this would be a useful option if you're not offering those services, and I appreciate you bringing it up. I'm going to pass this feedback on to our development team so that they can be aware it is a feature our store owners are looking for. 

We're always looking for ways to improve Shopify, so thank you very much for this insight. 

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Anindo
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I got hold of another thread in which the same point was mentioned that having Select Ground is not worth it as it is a few cents cheaper and the delivery time is 6-7 days. If that is the case, then yes going with Priority does make sense. At this point there is no direct way to change the default selection of Select Ground to another service. However, using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app, you can definitely change the default service. In fact, if the customer selects a particular service, then this service will be used for fulfilment automatically. No need to manually change it. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
tonat
Tourist
4 0 8

Is there any update on this? We also do not want staff to have the other options shown when creating a label.

We only give out customers 2 options at checkout, UPS ground or 2 day air. On some orders, the USPS option is selected by default, and since the warehouse staff is expecting UPS to be preselected, this causes order issues.

How can we remove USPS options entirely on the label print fulfillment page?

Thanks

0 Likes
lazylivin
Tourist
3 0 1

I would like to disable the usps options as well. It is unnecessary scrolling and chance that the wrong option is selected. I would only like to see overnight ups and that is it. Please allow us to at least remove carriers we don’t use although it would be best to allow hide carrier and options we don’t use 

0 Likes