Disable add to cart

1 0 0

Hello,

I have just taken over/purchased a physical and e-commerce store. It is using the theme 'Debut'. I need to do a complete inventory check/ stock count and would like to disable the add to cart option for ALL PRODUCTS whilst I get on top of the stock count. I would like the store to appear the same, just without the functionality to buy products so that customers could email or call if they see something they like.

Could you please advise how to do this in order for me to turn it back on when I am ready?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
690 43 83

Hi there @TessLoftOnline!

Don here from Shopify. :)

We do have this customisation you can check out, which is for replacing the add to cart button with a contact link.

You should be able to follow the steps given there to create an alternate product template, hide the add to cart button from that template and then apply it to all the products you wish.

I would just avoid adding the email address or contact form as in the final steps if you just wish to remove the add to cart buttons for now.

I would also recommend that you duplicate your existing theme before you attempt this, just so you have a complete copy of your theme to fall back on.

Let us know how this goes for you!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes