Disable cart and remove prices

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I am using Boundless theme for a new store and would like to remove the cart and prices from the site entirely as I am just looking to use it as an information site at the moment. It will progress to be an ecommerce store next year but not quite ready for that yet.

I have followed the instructions st out here: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/hide-product-prices-or-disable-cart but haven't been able to make it work.

Can anyone help me do this please?

Thanks,

Stella

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, Stella!

Katy here from Shopify! I hope you are well and welcome to our community!

I'd love to help you out with this where I can. To do so would you be able to share with me a link to your site which is using this theme? Or alternatively screenshots of the edits you have made/ how it appears on your site? 

It may be a case that the above guide has worked, but that the price is still be displayed elsewhere. As you are planning on using this site as an information site only, you may also need to remove the pricing on your theme's product grid. 

I can show you the steps to do so. If you could log in to your admin and navigate to:

Online store > themes > actions > edit code > sections > product-grid-item.liquid 

From here if you could search for this line of code:

{{ product.price | money_without_trailing_zeros }} 

You can then also wrap this line of code is in Liquid  {% comment %} tags, similar to how the guide specifies to do so for the add to cart button.

It should then look like this:

{% comment %}{{ product.price | money_without_trailing_zeros }}{% endcomment %}

Do let me know a little more info on this, and if the additional steps above help you out!

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Katy,

Thanks for the reply, my website is www.southwesthoney.co and the password if sweetsg. I have also attached some screenshots of where the cart the price is still showing up.

I just tried to look for product-grid-item.liquid but I can't seem to find it where you've indicated only product-template.liquid. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks,

Stella

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

cart screenshot attached too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 134

Hi, Stella,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this and apologies for the delay in my reply. 

The product-grid-item.liquid  is actually located under 'Snippets' within your theme- so a little further down. Adding the above code should help you out with this:

Do let me know how it goes for you!

I love the look and feel of your site too- really great work on this. Do feel free to reach out to our team at any stage, if you need a hand as you transition from information site to store. 

Thanks,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I would like to remove all prices form my website and cannot figure out how.  The current store is The-Celebrity-Lounge.com

If someone could help me as that is ll that is stopping me from getting this up and started!!

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
365 6 74

Since every theme is different, I think the best solution for this would be reaching out to an Official Shopify Expert to have them make the necessary custom coding changes for you (if you can't get them to work, yourself). 

https://experts.shopify.com/setup-experts

https://experts.shopify.com/designers

I've done this for a handful of merchants in the past, and never charged a lot to do so. Depending on your site, and what elements you want hidden, you should be able to get this done for $100 - $200. 

It's also worth noting that the Turbo Theme by Out of the Sandbox (not listed on the official app store) supports toggling the cart (in the header of your site) on/off ... which you'll probably also want if you're hiding the prices/add-to-cart buttons.

dST1ezOM5Xf0ItSUIfbiVbuKerOr56

https://outofthesandbox.com/products/turbo-theme-portland

Best of luck! :)

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
66 0 0

Extendons Shopify hide price on collection page app support multiple features owner can replace cart button with text, images, link, and a contact form. The store owner can create multiple rules to change the form font color background. Customer can contact if he/she wants to check the product prices.

99b567d7538ae0925e3c78480380c000

0 Likes