Disable customer notification emails?

Shopify Partner
152 0 16

Hi!

I would like to disable some of the customer notification emails which are located at /admin/settings/notifications but I'm allowed only to edit them. Is there a way to turn off some of them completely?

Thanks!

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
152 0 16

Maybe there's a shopify policy I missed here?

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
733 0 50

There are no global settings to turn off specific notifications but you have the option to turn off some emails at the time of sending. (Shipping notifications, Refund notifications, etc.) The order notification email is the only one that can't be turned off. 

I work for Shopify.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

...and how would you go about doing that? The shipping notification specifically. Right now we have shopify AND shipstation both sending emails when an order is shipped. We can't use the shopify one because it is sending people to the wrong place for tracking their order. I provided a screen shot showing what I mean. So since the shipstation email is directing people to the right place I would prefer to just turn the shopify one off. Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Was this ever figured out?  I'm wanting to disable the "Account Activiation Notification" and can't seem to find any documentation pointing me to a solution.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
18 0 4

Hi Dustin,

Below is a complete list of notifications that can be turned on/off:

- Abandoned Checkout Notification: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout 
- Contact Buyer: Not an automatic notification
- Customer Account Activation: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Account Welcome: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Password Reset: Cannot be turned off
- Draft Order Invoice: Not an automatic notification
- Fulfillment Request: Only sent if Custom Fulfillment method exists
- Gift Card Notification: Cannot be turned off
- New Order Notification: Can be turned off
- Order Cancelled: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Cancellation
- Order Confirmation: Cannot be turned off    
- POS and Mobile Receipt: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Creation   
- Refund Notification: Can be turned on/off at time of Refund
- Shipping confirmation: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout, and toggled on/off at time of fulfillment    
- Shipping update: Can be toggled on/off at time of Shipping Update

Hope that helps to clear things up!

Onboarding Team Lead - Shopify Plus
2 Likes
3 0 0

- Shipping confirmation: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout, and toggled on/off at time of fulfillment    
Does not seem to be present as an option anymore. Has it moved? Is it gone?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 2

Yeah. I'd like to turn off the Shipping confirmation email as well, but can't find the option in Settings > Checkout. How do we disable this email?

0 Likes
1 0 2

Yes, it looks like it was removed.  Can we receive confirmation?  I would still like this feature.

2 Likes
4 0 0

We would like to be able to combine the order confirmation & shipping confirmation into one email as these emails typically get issues within seconds of eachother and we'd prefer not to send our customers two emails.  Thus we'd like to be able to turn one of them off. 

0 Likes