Disable customer notification emails?

Tourist
4 0 1

There is no on/off option avaliable in Settingd > Checkout 

please tell me 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Where can these be turned off?  I'm not seeing it anywhere.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there! I'm particularly interested in disabling the shipment out for delivery and shipment delivered notifications, because there's just way too many emails going at the customer in a three day period. Is this doable?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello, Was any of this ever figured out to disable all of the notifications to customers? I've had several complaints with how heavy the emails are and would like to fix this if possible.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

This is largely useless.  I have customers that prefer NOT to get the 5 or 6 email notices about thier order.  I would prefer NOT to send order cancellation enails and there are a few others emails that I woud like to disable but cant.  This is my store, unless there are some US Regulatory issues that make these emails mandatory, I would like to shut then off.  But I can't.  I find this overall an annoying ecommerce 'solution' and the messed up way that you handle product variations has me looking at other providers, like Big Commerce.  Seriously, there are Shopify employees on thiese forums that seem to belittle the customer base when questions like this are posted.  Like wanting to do this is against some higher power.

SMH.

Adios, off to BigCommerce 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

you cant.  The Shopify Gods wont allow you to customize your store as you see fit...

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Exactly!!!!  I have customers that COMPLAIN about the number of emails coming from 1 freaking order!!!  Yet Shopify, in their infinite arrogance and stupidity, won't allow it.

Check out BigCommerce.  Or Volusion.  Or 3D Cart.  Anything but this.  Sorry I signed up.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Guess what?  YOU CANT!!!!!

0 Likes
18 0 0

Is there still no resolution to this?

Shopify- really, it defaults and is unchangeable to sending 4 emails:

Shipment Confirmation email

Shipment Update email

Shipment out for delivery email

ANNNND Shipment delivered email

This seems unecessary and a cause for our customers blocking emails. 

0 Likes
1 0 3

@shopify how is this still an issue 4 years later? I am having a similar problem... I use some other market place integrations which I do not want to send shipment emails for, but there 0 configuraiton options for emails.

Serioulsy please fix this.

3 Likes