Disable customer notification emails?

2 0 3

Add my voice to the chorus on this one.  

It's nonsense like this that compel customers to provide email addresses they rarely check when placing orders on online shops.  Then when you want to market to them or really need to contact a customer about an issue with their order you're mailing to some rarely checked email address.

Since I signed up for my trial and launched my store a lot of the message shopify is drilling home is "how can we help you grow your business?"

You can help me grow my business by allowing me to NOT bother the crap out of my customers.

Order confirmation not being able to be shut off is the only one that makes remote sense.

Very disappointed.  

3 Likes
1 0 0

Is there any formal support article that address customer email notifications? I know where to edit the email temples, but I am not clear where/how to adjust settings for determining which email notifications get sent to customers. 

0 Likes
1 0 1

Would totally love this feature, I have in store pick ups and need to turn this notification off when fulfilling orders that are picked up... after all the're not being shipped at all.  Customers will be confused and annoyed getting this email after pick up.  PLEASE SHOPIFY ADD THIS FEATURE!

1 Like
1 0 1

This is not supported through the Admin panel but can be achieved by creating a Shopify support ticket. Specify which email notifications you would like to suppress and the support team can manually turn them off. 

1 Like
1 0 0

I will add my voice, we need to be able to disable these and use the app/method of our choice!!

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

@Lily13 wrote:

Hi Dustin,

Below is a complete list of notifications that can be turned on/off:

- Abandoned Checkout Notification: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout 
- Contact Buyer: Not an automatic notification
- Customer Account Activation: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Account Welcome: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Password Reset: Cannot be turned off
- Draft Order Invoice: Not an automatic notification
- Fulfillment Request: Only sent if Custom Fulfillment method exists
- Gift Card Notification: Cannot be turned off
- New Order Notification: Can be turned off
- Order Cancelled: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Cancellation
- Order Confirmation: Cannot be turned off    
- POS and Mobile Receipt: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Creation   
- Refund Notification: Can be turned on/off at time of Refund
- Shipping confirmation: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout, and toggled on/off at time of fulfillment    
- Shipping update: Can be toggled on/off at time of Shipping Update

Hope that helps to clear things up!

the e-mail templates look horrible (sorry to say that) , if we are compelled to use shopify e-mail why don't you provide a professional editing feature.

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hey there! Adding to the chorus in 2015. Seems like this problem has been going on awhile now (at least 5 years, anyway...). I would like to disable the automatic notification that goes out when a customer fills out my contact form. It seems I've been getting inquiries through my contact form with bogus email addresses. All these email addresses are gmail addresses. And you know what happens when you have too many bounced emails? Right! Anyway, I would LOVE it if I could disable automatic emails in just that area. No one at Shopify support can help me with this.

I've just escalated this to technical. If I get any results, I'll post them here.

1 Like
Excursionist
19 0 2

I voice the same complaint. This cannot be good for my customers. Even my friends who help to try out the whole process complained and annoyed.

Shopify team, if you do read, please help us.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Below is a complete list of notifications that can be turned on/off:

- Abandoned Checkout Notification: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout 
- Contact Buyer: Not an automatic notification
- Customer Account Activation: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Account Welcome: Cannot be turned off
- Customer Password Reset: Cannot be turned off
- Draft Order Invoice: Not an automatic notification
- Fulfillment Request: Only sent if Custom Fulfillment method exists
- Gift Card Notification: Cannot be turned off
- New Order Notification: Can be turned off
- Order Cancelled: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Cancellation
- Order Confirmation: Cannot be turned off    
- POS and Mobile Receipt: Can be toggled on/off at time of Order Creation   
- Refund Notification: Can be turned on/off at time of Refund
- Shipping confirmation: Can be turned off in Settings > Checkout, and toggled on/off at time of fulfillment    
- Shipping update: Can be toggled on/off at time of Shipping Update

Hope that helps to clear things up!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Any news?

0 Likes