Disable customer notification emails?

1 0 0

There's no way. Shopify support doesn't want to help anyhow. They simply don't give a sht, at all, since 2015 :)

Screenshot 2019-09-25 17.02.03.png

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 2

Adding my voice here to say that the current number of mandatory notifications sent by Shopify is far too many.

I spoke with Shopify support and was told that if I wanted more control over the emails Shopify sent to my customers on my behalf, I'd need to upgrade to a Plus plan. Not sure what the pricing is but I'm assuming that's going to be more than the $3,600 annual for Advanced ... 

When I told support that I didn't need any of the features bundled with any of the tiers above Basic, I was told that Plus was the only way to get control over these notifications.

This sounds like bundling to me ... which is to say 'yeah ... we'd love to *not* send your customer a bunch of emails you don't want sent, but, well, that's a Plus feature -- can I get you over to sales?'

1 Like
Excursionist
26 0 1

news?

1 Like
1 0 0

Unfortunately. Shopify just doesn't seem to want to adress this issue. One of their representatives suggested editing the script inside of the email itself, that would be a good idea except for the fact that the email itself doesn't have any script that tells it when to send the mail. So the workaround that I would suggest is to edit the mail to display something else (Product recomendation for example) altough this still doesn't fix the issue of having an extra mail sent to the customer. 

The "activation mail" itself isn't mandatory according to Shopify. The button to "activate" the account supposedly just redirects the user to the store again which is why I feel it's so dumb that they wont give us the option to disable the "dummmy mail"

Will update if I come up with a solution to this.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
5 0 1

can you please let me know how we can be turned off New Order Notification to send the user.

it is really urgent. please reply asap

0 Likes