61 1 14

Ineedhelpplease_0-1604469713937.png

How can I remove this? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
674 71 101

Hi, @Ineedhelpplease! Thanks for your question. 

A phone number is a mandatory requirement for your Shopify Payments customer billing statement, and so it cannot be removed; It can only be edited.

We have this put into place in order to protect our merchants, and assist with good communication practises with their customers. If a customer doesn’t recognize a charge on their credit card statement, the phone number is there so that your customer can contact you directly to clarify. If no phone number is provided, your customer will most likely contact their bank, which then runs the risk of resulting in a chargeback. 

Chargebacks can be challenging and frustrating. Shopify doesn’t have any involvement or influence upon a chargeback once it has been placed; The entire process is initiated, managed and decided upon by the customer’s bank. Therefore, it’s best to have measures in place, such as providing a phone number on your customer billing statement, in order to avoid any misunderstandings. I recommend reading through the Help Doc for Preventing chargebacks and inquiries for additional steps to help deal with situations that have the potential to result in one.

Hope you find this information helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes