Disable order confirmation

Tourist
4 0 4
Hi all, Is there a way to Disable order confirmation mail? I klaviyo to send them. Now i got 2 mails. Greets
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 69 121

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Great question. At the moment, there're only two email notifications that can be disabled: Shipment out for delivery and Shipment delivered.

I understand this causes frustration while using other email marketing apps and resulting in duplicate email notifications. You aren't alone in this. I'd be happy to launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that it will be added, I'm more than happy to pass along your suggestions that would provide better services to the Shopify platform. If the request is already there, I can add to it to bump it up - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented.

Since we can't resolve this issue right away, I want to get more feedback from you on the reason you decide to use Klaviyo for notification emails, instead of the in-built notifications from Shopify. Is it because the email templates from Klaviyo are easier to customize? Or perhaps is it because you can edit the email template without HTML coding knowledge? Feel free to let me know, I'd love to add the suggestions to our development team as well. Just in case if they have more options to work towards.

In the meantime, since we can't disable the notification emails from Shopify end, in order for your customers not receiving duplicate emails, I recommend you to temporarily turn off the ones you've created from Klaviyo. In the store I've built, I also use Klaiyo for email marketing. To turn off the email from Klaviyo end, simply select Manual instead of Live for the order confirmation email you've created. This way, it won't interfere with the email series you've set up. To clarify, this doesn't mean you can't use the app for email marketing purposes. The welcome series along with all other flow the app offers are fantastic for email marketing.

Since we have to temporarily stop the order confirmation email from Klaviyo, there're ways we can edit the notification email template in Shopify. Here's a great document going over how to customize the email notification templates.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4
Klaviyo is easy to customize and got some templates to add. 
And it got a dragg and edit system. 
But I will disable the email and look To the site you gave me. 

Thank you very much for the fast reply. 
Regards 
Ruben
2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 69 121

Hey, Ruben!

Thank you so much for the feedback and having using Klaviyo myself, I'd agree with you on the points. 

As promised, I've sent the suggestion to our development team. Since you aren't alone on this, it's been added to bump the request upwards. Thank you again for your feedback. 

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out via this thread or with new posts. I'd be happy to help out!

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
1 0 0

I'm looking to do the same thing and enhance my order confirmation emails and doing it in shopify is too hard. 

Pls add this feature asap and/or allow for more editing without knowing html. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
367 69 121

Hi, @mikemfj!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I've gone ahead and forwarded your request to our development team. As explained on the previous post, if the request is already there, we bump the request up by adding yours to it - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented. Thank you again for taking your time offering your valuable feedback.

Best,

Jason

1 Like
1 0 1

Shopify,

I have a client who also uses Klaviyo and would like to disable the shopify order confirmation email. While this particular thread is relatively new, I found threads that date back as far as 2015 with dozens if not hundreds of angry customers requesting the same thing and you act here as if you're passing this request to your development team for the first time. Honestly, it's REDICULOUS that you have not managed to provide your customers with this feature after over 4 years of requests. It's not a hard feature to add, so just do it already. My client is going to be seriously pissed when they find out that it is not possible to disable the order confirmation email. 

1 Like
2 0 0

HI there, 

I have also recently started to use Klaviyo and would like to use this platform to complete the full email flow sequence rather than carrying on where Shopify has left off. It is tidier and more consistent to be using Klaviyo for the full sequence, and it will enable more thorough insight of the analytics. 

Many thanks, 

Moana 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I use Omnisend and I +1 this.

Furthermore, we should be able to disable anything we want. It's our store.

1 Like
2 0 0

This would be an awesome feature as other apps have allowed us to create easy to use templates and give a great customer experience. I'd love to see this happen asap.

@JasonC wrote:

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Great question. At the moment, there're only two email notifications that can be disabled: Shipment out for delivery and Shipment delivered.

I understand this causes frustration while using other email marketing apps and resulting in duplicate email notifications. You aren't alone in this. I'd be happy to launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that it will be added, I'm more than happy to pass along your suggestions that would provide better services to the Shopify platform. If the request is already there, I can add to it to bump it up - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented.

Since we can't resolve this issue right away, I want to get more feedback from you on the reason you decide to use Klaviyo for notification emails, instead of the in-built notifications from Shopify. Is it because the email templates from Klaviyo are easier to customize? Or perhaps is it because you can edit the email template without HTML coding knowledge? Feel free to let me know, I'd love to add the suggestions to our development team as well. Just in case if they have more options to work towards.

In the meantime, since we can't disable the notification emails from Shopify end, in order for your customers not receiving duplicate emails, I recommend you to temporarily turn off the ones you've created from Klaviyo. In the store I've built, I also use Klaiyo for email marketing. To turn off the email from Klaviyo end, simply select Manual instead of Live for the order confirmation email you've created. This way, it won't interfere with the email series you've set up. To clarify, this doesn't mean you can't use the app for email marketing purposes. The welcome series along with all other flow the app offers are fantastic for email marketing.

Since we have to temporarily stop the order confirmation email from Klaviyo, there're ways we can edit the notification email template in Shopify. Here's a great document going over how to customize the email notification templates.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

0 Likes