Disconnected from Facebook can't reconnect

Highlighted
1 0 0

Today Facebook logged me out of my account and required a new password. When I logged into Shopify, I was disconnected. Now the app won't connect to my Facebook page saying I'm not the owner? I can connect to other accounts - by not my actual shop. Also getting stuck in a cookie loop which make me think this may be a developer issue. Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 7.33.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-14 at 6.37.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-14 at 6.27.55 PM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 14 29

Hi, @mytalian

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about this situation, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Facebook page, and I'm glad to help resolve this and get your page connected to Shopify properly once again. 

Based on the error message below, it looks like there may be a discrepancy in who is listed as an 'admin'  on your page. To check that you're still set up as the admin on your account, please head into your Facebook Business page from Facebook directly and select 'Settings > Page Roles'  and ensure that you're still listed here as an 'admin'. If this page has been newly created in the past seven days, or if the person listed as an admin has changed in the past seven days, please wait a few days before trying to reconnect your Facebook page to Shopify again. Waiting several days will allow this new information to be successfully updated and recognized on Facebook's end so that the connection can be properly established between Facebook and Shopify. 

We also need to ensure that your Facebook page is published, and set to the 'Shopping'  template. To double check this, follow these steps: 

1. Log into your Facebook Business page from Facebook directly.
  2. Click 'Settings > General'
  3. Under 'Page Visibility'  make sure it reads 'Page Published'.
  4. Then, click on 'Templates and Tabs' in the lefthand sidebar. 
  5. Under 'Template'  make sure your page is set to 'Shopping'. If you see any other template - like 'Services'  - listed here, change this to be the 'Shopping'  template instead by following these steps

Once these steps are completed, and it's been seven days since your Facebook page was created and the admin on your account was set, make sure to open a Chrome browser with a newly cleared cache, and try to connect the Facebook sales channel inside Shopify again. If you are still receiving the same error when you try to reconnect your account, just reply directly to me here and I'll be glad to help look into this further. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes