Discount Code - Limit Quantity to 1 piece

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 1

Hi. Is there a way/app to limit how many/quantity items a coupon can be used for?

My client is trying to have a coupon that will offer the customer a discount on a product.
However, they don't want the coupon to apply to more than one.
Such as if the customer puts 10 of the item in their cart, it will only work on 1 (9 won't get discount)

They also want to limit this to 1 use per customer

And if possible, the same code works on multiple products. 

OY! Please help me! 

Thanks, Jessica

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

Hi, Jessica.

This is Max from the Shopify Guru Team. 

It looks like your client's request would require the help of an app to set some extra limitations to the built-in discount code options. 

The current per-product or collection discounts can be limited to one use per person, but the system does not make that extra rule of applying one discount per product, per cart available. 

I would suggest reviewing these apps to see if they'd suit:

Most apps have a trial period or test store available if you wanted to play around before paying. I'd also suggest reaching out to the Developers directly if any details aren't clear within their documentation or app store descriptions. 

I hope that this helps point you int he right direction ?

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
29 0 1

Thanks Max, 

I think this might require the combination of multiple apps (that you've listed) or app customization. I'll test these out and contact them for help. Will report back. 

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jessica,

Were you able to find a solution with these apps for what you were trying to do? 

I am currently trying to find a solution for the exact same situation; Discount code limited to a number of items it can apply to in one cart regardless of how many a customer buys in one order. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 10

I also need the ability to apply discount codes to only a single item. Why is this not an option in Shopify. I have search all the apps and NOTHING will do what I am looking for. I still want to give a customer a coupon code but have it apply only to quantity of 1 (or if there is only 1 item in the cart would work too). Why is this not available? There is clearly a need for it and the functionality is very basic. This is super frustrating. If anyone finds a solution please post! Thanks.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 10

I am in agreement, this needs to be a feature for Shopify. It is available if you change the discount type from a percentage to a "Fixed amount" then you can activate "Only apply once per cart" however if there is more than one item in the cart, the discount is evenly distributed over all the items & looks very tacky on the check out process.

I run an Instagram promotion to give away a small product in return for email addresses, but people abuse it and add multiple of that item because it was discounted at 100%. I am using the fix I listed above but I come from Woo-commerce, there was a built in feature that said "limit discount use to one selected item per cart"

PLEASE MAKE THIS FIX

7 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Someone from Shopify's customer support recommended Milestones. I've not tried it. I'm actually interested in learning if someone has.  It appears to address the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Have you found a fix or work around to this? I’m trying to do the same thing.

Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
No unfortunately. but I have not revisited this issue in months in case there was any update that I missed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

I have the exact same problem. 

Shopify has a HUGE problem, Plugins/Apps!

I do not want to buy a plugin or app for every little thing.

Plugins and Apps are the biggest scam, we all pay for the platform so just integrate the plugins into the platform. If the plugin/app exists then the platform can do it.

Everytime I turn around there is another function that I assume would be part of the platform that is only available if I buy yet another plugin/app for a monthly cost.

Maybe Shopify should just quote the prices for using the platform and say "And if you want actually do anything you will need to buy many plugins/apps, increasing your total cost far beyond what ever we quote."

0 Likes