Discount Code Not Working

Nardia
1 0 0

www.perthtradedirect.com.au

I've double and rechecked all of the settings but for some reason the code is not working. 

The code is set up so if a customer spends $1,000 they receive on Celeste Back to Wall Toilet for free.

It's FREETOILET

It keeps coming up as "discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart"

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 52 75

Hey there, @Nardia!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like this is a Buy X Get Y, is that right? I tested it the discount code in your store's cart and was able to receive the discount without an issue. Did you add the Celeste Back to Wall Toilet into your cart?

In order the discount to register, the Celeste Back to Wall Toilet needs to already be in the cart:

Without the "Y" product, the discount code doesn't apply to the existing products in the cart:

In this case, you may want to edit this information in your marketing (such as the Announcement Bar underneath the menu) to something along the lines of "USE PROMO CODE 'FREETOILET' FOR FREE Celeste Back to Wall Toilet WHEN YOU SPEND $1,000+ - Product must be added to the cart at checkout". If that seems too long, you can instead create a page for the discount providing the discount code and advising any conditions that come along with the discount. For example, you could say: 

"Total cart value must be $1000 prior to Celeste Back to Wall Toilet is added to the cart. Use discount code "FREETOILET" at checkout. Discount code will not work if product hasn't been added to the cart. Discount code can only be used once per customer." 

I recommend linking the text "Celeste Back to Wall Toilet" on this page directly to the product for easier accessibility. You can then change the Announcement Bar text to "FREE TOILET WHEN YOU SPEND $1,000 OR MORE - Click here to learn more." and link it to the newly created discount page. 

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Scotty62
5 0 0

We are also trying to use the Buy 1 Get 1 Free (Buy X Get Y) . Unfortunately the shopping cart returns this message Discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart

This makes absolutely no sense why this code offered by shopify will not work. is there anything going on with the platform that would not let this discount code work? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes
Scotty62
5 0 0

We are also trying to use the Buy 1 Get 1 Free (Buy X Get Y) . Unfortunately the shopping cart returns this message Discount code isn't valid for the items in your cart

This makes absolutely no sense why this code offered by shopify will not work. is there anything going on with the platform that would not let this discount code work? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

0 Likes