Discount Code Reporting

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello All,

I am wanting to gather some data from discount codes that we have used on our store in the past.

Some of the data that I am trying to gather is when a person applied code "DISCOUNTX" - what products did they buy. I can do this at the moment if the customer only purchased one product but if the customer has purchased multiple products it shows up as N/A in the report.

I am also looking to get information on the average spend for a customer that has used "DISCOUNTX". 

Can anyone please assist me and let me know if these things are possible?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
543 54 69

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Nic15.

Elias here with Shopify Support. That's a great question!

There are a few options to get data from discount codes for you to consider, so let's take a look at each of them.

A. You can obtain a detailed sales report under 'Analytics > Reports', then click into the Sales reports and choose Sales by discount. This report can list each of the discount codes, the number of uses, and the revenue from each code. However, to see the types of products associated with each discount code - You'll need to edit the columns and add the 'Product title'. You can also add the 'Customer name' column to get more details from your sales report. 

09-36-ukvek-m9qql

B. You can filter your orders by searching for a specific discount code, then you can export the results onto a CSV. This way, you will have a spreadsheet of every order containing the discount code and every product purchased by the customer in their order.  

09-13-4ha54-sm1ce

C. There are also third-party apps, such as Better Reports or Easy Reports, which can generate tailored discount reports. Both of these apps have a free trial available for you to see if it's the right fit for you. If you need any assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page. 

I hope this provides a few options for you to explore. If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes